Can we have some class limits on the preview server, please?

R

Rincewind

In my opinion some class limits are desperately needed on the server. There's no surer way to ruin a small map like Waterfall than having 4 snipers on each team, or even worse, a couple of radiomen on each.

Suggested class limits :

Radioman - 1 (or preferably none) these guys ruin the multiplayer game, imho.

Sniper - 2

Engineer/Sapper - 1

I know that limits may not be popular with some, but the game is so much better if you limit these 'camping' classes.

Just my 2p.

*Editted typo*

R

Rigon-Noir-

Couldn't agree more, except maybe it should be more extreme.

Radiomen =ZERO

Sniper 1

Sapper 1

On maps like NVA Base, Waterfall, Halong Port and maybe at a push Storm i would prefer no radiomen at all, the maps are either too small or intricate to make them of any use.

Stream and the rest should have 1, maps big enough to hide :D

R

Rincewind

Something seriously needs to be done about the state of the server.

I just left because there were 9 snipers on Storm. Yes, that's right NINE snipers on 1 map... & there were only 14 players in the server. Ridiculous LOL

T

throdgrain

Last time I was on there they had contrived to vote Halong Port on for 1000 minutes :/
Our chum the admin seems to have lost interest. I did offer to help out but I think that was seen like I was trespassing on his territory lol :)
But then as im already DoD liason and a CS admin, maybe he thought I was on a world takeover bid.
Perhaps what he should have thought was that I have had a lot of experience adminning servers, and would have been some help.Ho hum ....

R

Rigon-Noir-

Who cares as long as someone does it, hehe Rincewind, 14 snipers, piss funny mate. Tbh, i found that most players who play as snipers are usually pretty shit (or am i just saying that becuase im a shit sniper). Ahh well, back to wok :'(

S

Slug

Yeah, whenever im on, i do it.

you see the problem is sometime during the night the servers get reset, and everything goes back to defults :(

T

throdgrain

You need to speak to Bazerka , or whoever runs the server ftp, and change it there.
I imagine the cfg will be read only like in half life. When I change the cs server to 3 minute roundtimes for example, it resets at every map change.

R

Rincewind

Unfortunatyely, from what I remember of my time admining a VC server during 1.1, there are no CFG files for VC servers. So the only way to change the settings is to change them manually when the server is rebooted. IIRC you can save the settings, but then you have to reload them when the server starts up again.

I imagine things must have changed since then, as lack of any sort of CFG file is kinda silly.

T

throdgrain

Classic VC problem tbh, theres me talking about cfgs be read only or not, and VC doesnt even have one !

R

Rincewind

This problem really needs to be sorted out soon!

The Auto-balance feature needs switching on too. The game so often degenerates into a 10 v 5 match or worse & no amount of asking for even teams seems to do any good.

The Slug, are you ever in the server? I , for one, have certainly never seen you there.

D

Deadmanwalking

The way the Game.net system worsk in regard to reboots. At 6am every day all the boxes are reset and so therefore are the game processes. When they are started up they are loaded to the settings that the admin/liasion asks/sets.

You need to send in a support form The Slug and tell them the specific settings you want changed.

S

Slug

Ok guys, ive got it sorted, the servers should be limited to 2 men on each class other than the soldiers which are still unlimited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom