Can someone tell me the best way to get into ML2.5 chess step without dying? :>

illu

Part of the furniture
Tried it a couple of times tonight, and apart from the zillions of mobs in the ML2 dungeon, there was a locked gate :/
I'm trying to get these solo steps out of the way before the weekend as I want to bring my toon to the ml1-3 thing, but it's a pain in the arse getting there :(
Do I need a key?
What drops the key?
Is it possible to get there being relatively solo + 2 bb's :> or will I need some extra help. The step sounds like it can be done solo, but getting to it is another matter.
Any advice appreciated :)

Oli - Illu

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
If U r there atm I need the solo step and can help U to get to chess with my aug healer. Dunno if it helps or?

Dunno much bout ml's since I stay clear if I can as I hate it like the plauge.

Oh and btw I'm pretty sure is north gate key U need.

Lothoras

One of Freddy's beloved
you need the north hall gate key which you can buy in the center of any haven for 100g. keep distance from mobs on the way to the gate, but outside the gate you need to kill about 5-8 yellow-ish mobs. easy to do solo.
bring a bb if you want to be sure. :p

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Get North Hall Key from Center of havens, that unlocks it. If your trying to enter as a seer and cant even solo a yellow, just do it like this :

Run one seer in collecting all agro blowing Malice/Eirenes etc to survive longer. Have your buffbot run in ungrouped ofc, unlock the door, go in, make sure you have your other char selected and rezz up inside. Worked for me when I did it on Healer :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Like others said, use a BB to pull the agro, then go thru, if BB already has the step its a simple sui run. The thing to watch out for is the random hall walkers, especially the Armsmaster chappie and his chums, who have a huge agro range.

Port into Sobekite via the teleport guy used for 2.10, just under the water where people fall off, then just walk into the dungeon and down the stairs.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Personaly I would also swim from Stygia to the large rock with the temple on top (you can see this from stygia docks) at the base of this rock under the water is a NPC who will teleport you up to the top where there is a cave, zone in here and you will be pretty damn close to the 2.5 solo encounter, less agro to dodge then.

illu

Part of the furniture
Wow - thanks guys for all the great advice! :>

I feel like I have a good chance of getting this done on Saturday now :)

Oli - Illu

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
its only a few yel-ora con, i dont see how its that hard to get in the chess step room illu mate.

Like tears sais, its a shortcut if ya swim cause its only 1 alcove to the left then. But otherwise u can just move after the aggro and avoid the armsmaster.
Give me a yell an di gte ya n otherwise.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
why didn't you ask me dood? i got loads of toons that need this step, if you have lots of em then we can farm the damned encounter. The chess step itself is soloable aye, but still i'll help ya get in the mofo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom