News Can now copy media for personal use

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Self-righteous morons said:
The Musicians' Union and British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors said all other European countries with a similar law also have some form of levy on items like blank CDs and media players to compensate creators.

Musicians' Union general secretary John Smith said: "We feel strongly that the lack of fair compensation will significantly disadvantage creators and performers in relation to the vast majority of their EU counterparts.

"Why would the UK government want to discriminate against its own creators, particularly since the creative economy is one of the consistent areas of economic growth?"

I copied every single one of the CD's I've ever bought to my computer when I got an mp3 player. Why? Because I wasn't about to pay for all of it again. I fail to see how it will make any difference to the musicians and songwriters if doing so is actually legal.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Note to music industry - if your music is good, people will buy it regardless. Perhaps if you had more real talent like this: ....

Yeah, that Justin Bieber. Always complaining he hasn't sold enough records due to piracy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom