Can I use bugs and exploits if they are documented end being fixed?

G

Graknak

No if you have the guts to play yer char like it should be.
Yes if you want to be lame and be the cause of all the useless whines on the boards.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

No, because you have your own sense of morality and respect for the community at large that would stop you from doing such a thing...

... don't you?

L

lakih

No please, and even if you could get away with it without getting suspended/banned it would be unethical to do so. Would you like someone to use a bug against you?
And before anyone comes with any "yeyeye, stfu n00b everyone uses bugs against me"... well do you like it? i dont think anyone likes to be "bug abused".

:m00:

A

Alrindel

Hey, kids, it's the Code of Conduct!
Players undertake not to make use of any bugs, nor to use any undocumented functions, nor to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify GOA personnel of the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults that they may discover as soon as possible.
Generally GOA give a temporary ban as a warning the first time they catch someone bug exploiting, and repeat offenders have their accounts closed and all their characters deleted.

X

Xandax

Many people use bugs all the time and defend themself with that others("everybody") also do and they will be fixed etc.

imo everybody should be decent enough to not use bugs - but that is like hoping a large amount of money would just fall out of the sky.

And @Alrindel that sniplet from the CoC is nice - but even GOA doesn't enfore it - otherwise people would get busted for LOS-bugging, but that is not an "exlopit" althouhg it is useing faulty programming and will be fixed :)

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Xandax

And @Alrindel that sniplet from the CoC is nice - but even GOA doesn't enfore it - otherwise people would get busted for LOS-bugging, but that is not an "exlopit" althouhg it is useing faulty programming and will be fixed :)

my exact point of this thread...

A

Alrindel

No, Mythic does not consider no-LOS-nuking to be an exploit, and so neither does GOA. That's not the same as "they don't enforce it".

From the Mythic Grab Bag:
Q: I appealed so and so for nuking from inside the keep, and the CSR said he wasn’t exploiting. The Herald seems to imply that what so and so was doing WAS exploiting! Was the CSR wrong?

A: No, the CSR was quite right. The pet LOS fixes currently on Pendragon are the first step towards rectifying a long standing issue with our game, but that does not mean people who are using the currently live system are cheating.
Whatever you or I might think about that, or people who do it, it's not officially considered a bug exploit and so it's not officially considered cheating.

X

Xandax

I know they don't considere it an exploit - but I have a hard time to get:

nor to exploit any possible design faults

to match with their perception of LOS-faults

S

SilverHood

You are not allowed to use design faults to your advantage.
But it is allowed.

GOA and mythic have hypocrisy written all over.

O

old.Downanael

Exploit is exploit,even if it getting fixed later on it's still bug/exploit

K

klavrynd

can you rape small animals because there's no clear law about it?.

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by SilverHood
You are not allowed to use design faults to your advantage.
But it is allowed.

GOA and mythic have hypocrisy written all over.
The Doublefrost style used to do more damage than the designers originally intended, and it was corrected. Do you think every Middie who ever used DF is a cheater?

Assassins weren't supposed to get Ignore Pain, and it was later removed. Are all the assassins who had IP exploiters?

I don't believe that you really don't understand the difference. I think you're just being obtuse.

A

Addlcove

miss touchy elf strikes again

Go Alrindel, (btw can I have the adress on your fanclub? ;))

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Alrindel
The Doublefrost style used to do more damage than the designers originally intended, and it was corrected. Do you think every Middie who ever used DF is a cheater?

Assassins weren't supposed to get Ignore Pain, and it was later removed. Are all the assassins who had IP exploiters?

I don't believe that you really don't understand the difference. I think you're just being obtuse.

Theres Balancing and then theres Bug Fixes. Infiltrators were meant to be able to get IP, but Mythic found this was too strong so removed it.

Enchanters pets can nuke through walls, this a pretty unavoidable bug (pet automatically attacks, and you cant just tell enchanters not to use their pets). It is bug abusing in some circumstances but its basically impossible to police and judge between all the situations.

Placing a pet in a wall (or leaving it there purposely when it gets there) is avoidable and enforcable.

J

Jupitus

... and to follow on from that there will always be situations where you may not be sure if something is considered an 'exploit' and against the rules or not .. sometimes things are not clearly spelled out. In situations like this you can post here to ask or contact a member of the Eyes and Ears team, who will be happy to seek clarification from GOA for you. Naturally, until it is clarified you'd be best advised to avoid using it.....

O

old.Tzeentch

i
heart.gif
alrindel

D

Damon_D

Ohhh so an " issue " is not a bug.. well Korvan wanna snoop around for some "issues " we can abuse ??? Cause thats clearly not against the CoC_ .. Mythic : Ohh boy ohh boy we sure made a bad mistake/bug... ahhh well no matter we just call it an un-intended feature or an " issue " and correct it when we some day can be arsed too do it

BTW...Alrindel I did not take you for a defender of double standards..guesse I was wrong

T

Tesla Monkor

The answer is simple.

No.

Since when is a documented exploit/cheat no longer an exploit/cheat? :p

E

eynar

Alrindel, you're making no sense at all, and even contradict yourself.

S

Solarius

A bit of clarification is needed here - what defines a bug as an exploit and what defines it as an 'issue'.

What I tend to think is an issue is when a bug that exists can't be avoided without limiting your characters options, such as a chanter never using a caster pet to avoid the LOS issue

If you use a bug that exists and could be avoided without limiting your options, such as a necromancer parking his/her pet in a geometry hole, thats an exploit.

Obviously, common sense needs to be used. A pet running through a keep door to attack someone is not a bug, because it would be daft to prevent this, as pets cannot use gatekeepers.

Just think about the bug that you're planning to use. If you could continue to play without using it, it's probably an exploit. If it's somthing that happens with little or no control from you, it's an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom