Can i reinstall daoc without losing my hero?

O

old.Cyric

Yes. It's saved remotely.

Remember to jot down your username and password though.

O

old.Pepsay

my game still wont work :( everytime i try to connect i get the fecking thing thats saying thats something is wrong with my connection or i get the good ol thing where gotta ctrl+alt+delete becuse it freezes. it worked last night why not now? :(

E

erl

Try reinstalling windows, helps against all evil errors ;)

E

erl

Try restoring the register then. If using XP start->programs->accessories->system tools->system recovery and make it to a date when you know it worked.

In older system start in dos-mode and use scanreg /restore.

Edit: Not sure its exactly those names in XP, using a swedish system myself so not sure that I've translated it right.

O

old.Pepsay

im also swedish and i have xp... could ya say that again without translating it? :)

E

erl

Check your Private messages, don't want to get into swedish on public forum ;)

E

erl

Try reinstalling daoc again after the restore, probably daoc had something in the registry too that we restored now and it needs to start. So install it again and try.

And someone could maybe move this thread the the technical forum? ;)

E

erl

Aww, that sucks :(
I'm out of ideas then, except a windows reinstallation.
Or maybe you could use RightNow to see if its a known problem.

G

Gworeloth

mate-i cant play atm either :mad: nothing to do with the technical side of the game-no! just that goa make u wait a 'few days' as they put it before u can modify your credit card details-really sux

doh doh doh! i was gonna be 42 by now-and half way to 43 :( ahh well, gonna be at 41.5 again when i can get playin again........

S

SFXman

You know reinstalling windows is not that complicated for example if you take an "upgrade" or "reinstall"... everything is kept what you had before except that all system files etc. are done over again... 1-2 hours really :rolleyes:
Windows tends to go apeshit after some periods (year maybe) of use... it is unavoidable :D

Imagine if characters were saved on your computer... that would be horrible... this would be a major cheating/hacking fest, thank god for server-side saves.

E

erl

Hehe, I remember the horror example of client stored characters, Diablo :) I remember level 99 chars (when the max was 50 or so) running around wielding a mushroom that did 431254321414 (or something close) in damage :D

T

Troryn

I knew a girl once who´s machine was INCREDIBLE SLOW at starting up and so, and everything seemed in order then we asked her when she had last done format/reinstall (was a 98) and she said she hadn´t, she had had her machine run for 2! year on 98 without format/reinstall, M$ recommends that 98 machines is format/reinstalled every 6 months or so ;)

O

old.LandShark

anyone else amused that they actually ADVISE you to prepare for their OS to fuck up every 6 month? gg

S

SFXman

Originally posted by erl
Hehe, I remember the horror example of client stored characters, Diablo :) I remember level 99 chars (when the max was 50 or so) running around wielding a mushroom that did 431254321414 (or something close) in damage :D
Hehe... in Diablo 1 it was hilarious when someone had a L99 character... you told them that 50 is the max and they tried to convince you it wasn't :D
Diablo 2/LoD worked for somewhile but apparently sometime after I had quit even that got lag ridden... oh the days of Diablo, so fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom