C

constanze

well yesterday night i thought "wtf this game is becoming a 1 hand bandit"

lets say you wanna start a new char and you are totally new to daoc

you need:

Daoc, Si and Toa for your main char

Daoc, Si and Toa for your Buffbot

1-2 month to get both to 50, Sc them and get some Masterlv

this means you need to buy 6 games and pay 2 accounts only to be on the same lv as the others (not counting the time you need for that)

those expansion packs are kinda crap becouse they only work if you got the expansion before also

imagine next expansion pack would give a new kind of Buffbot
so you need 3 accounts etc etc etc

i am just a bit scared how this would look in 2 years expansion pack 10 named "Buy this or die in RvR without those new uber items" would be not funny

Ps: excuse my crappy english

Z

zapzap

Well Donald Trump owns more money to the banks then the danish state income.

But iam sure U can Ebay 2 lvl 50 chars pretty cheap now and close to the cost of buying 2x daox 2x SI .

K

klavrynd

you don't need buffbots, that's what you idiots made of it

O

old.moriath

but they sell them bundled for about the same price ...

DAOC + SI bundle

and im sure they will do the same with TOA

so you buy all 3 for about 20-30 pounds

so its not as you painted it at all

S

scarffs

Originally posted by klavrynd
you don't need buffbots, that's what you idiots made of it

I take it you never used buffbots to buff your guildgroup Klav ?

F

Falcon

Master Levels aren't essential for stealthers that's for sure, purely cos all the ML lines they get are sheer bollocks. MLs will help good RvR groups a bit but good RvR groups can also fly through them with ease.

I think Mythic realised the problem is that when they brought in Spellcrafting any old newbie could roll some fotm class and get SC'd into a perfect char with capped everything. Now however, those who put time into their char have an advantage over those who really can't be arsed too which IMO is perfectly fair and it takes us away from the stale situation of fotm wins - it doesn't anymore because a fotm who doesn't invest time in his char wont be as good as a gimp class that does invest time into it with artifacts.

Y

Yussef

Why the hell would you need ToA for a buffbot for RvR purposes? Oo

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Yussef
Why the hell would you need ToA for a buffbot for RvR purposes? Oo

So people without friends can farm for uber artifacts/scrolls ?

M

mabs0r

Originally posted by constanze
btw klav i still dont own a bb

aaah, so having your head rammed firmly up rambo ar$e does have benefits :eek:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

It's still cheaper than prostitutes and it also lasts longer :great:

(unless you go find a really scrummy prostitute, but then you're asking for it!)

I

iceforge

Originally posted by Falcon
Master Levels aren't essential for stealthers that's for sure, purely cos all the ML lines they get are sheer bollocks. MLs will help good RvR groups a bit but good RvR groups can also fly through them with ease.

I think Mythic realised the problem is that when they brought in Spellcrafting any old newbie could roll some fotm class and get SC'd into a perfect char with capped everything. Now however, those who put time into their char have an advantage over those who really can't be arsed too which IMO is perfectly fair and it takes us away from the stale situation of fotm wins - it doesn't anymore because a fotm who doesn't invest time in his char wont be as good as a gimp class that does invest time into it with artifacts.

Not true, read how it is on US, in rvr it is MLs or DIE! And not affecting stealthers are just bollocks, you don't know anything about ML's or ToA really or what? (Casters with See Hidden will surdenly affect a stealther unless he got the ARTIFACT to negate it, which will take him what, 100000000002days online time to get? :()

Well outta here on Sunday anyway, just saying ToA is smart is BS imho.

K

klavrynd

Originally posted by scarffs
I take it you never used buffbots to buff your guildgroup Klav ?

first, and for the 10 millionth time, its a LOWERCASE k

second, a buffbot for a group is a totally different issue. The one shaman per group cannot supply all buffs to all groupmembers, especially since end regen became concbased. Since it's normal (well in "balanced" groups , i'm not speaking for random pickup #748 that run without them) for a group to have seers and therefor buffs, you can say that groupbased combat is allways fully buffed.

Single player fights (which ceased to exist ages ago on prydwen) are strictly theoretical, (and if you're not playing a seer class or pseudo one like warden, friar) unbuffed (except for class specific buffs, thane, champ) unbuffed, and therefor a buffbot is a (in case of alb's perma ap2 spec af) huge advantage.

btw klav i still dont own a bb

so? if you don't own the gun you shoot somebody with, are you less guilty?

It's still cheaper than prostitutes and it also lasts longer

but sex > buffing with your buffbot

K

klavrynd

hardly a flame imo

gonna check if i can find any posts of mine in some newsgroup i "moderated" , those were flames, this is just stating truths

"don't throw bricks in glass houses"

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by klavrynd
"don't throw bricks in glass houses"

you mean "A person living in a transparent domecile should not throw objects of geological origins"

:p

S

Shike

Originally posted by mabs0r
aaah, so having your head rammed firmly up rambo ar$e does have benefits :eek:

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
It's still cheaper than prostitutes and it also lasts longer :great:

been there done that Gomb? ;)

O

old.Revz

Generally you can pick up expansions much more cheaply a few months after they have come out. I'm sure that DAoC now comes bundled with SI in most places for the same price as the original game on its own cost. Looking further down the line it doesn't get all that much worse, at the moment you can download EQ "classic" completely free of charge from the SOE website and you can buy a bundle called "EverQuest Evolutions" containing the core game and five expansions (basically everything bar the newest one) for $30. Don't forget that most bundles also give you at least one month of free subscription as well :) Finally the majority of people don't buy two accounts right away either.

If you are an early adopter (as practically everyone who currently plays would be) then you get stung for the full amount but because it is spread out over time rather than all in one go you don't notice :)

Y

Yussef

Shrug, I got DAOC+SI on launch for cheaper than I bought DAOC Oo

Granted it was online :p

O

old.Morchaoron

look at everquest, they got a shitload of expansions and its all in 1 box and doesnt cost more then the other games (only the new ones cost extra but that price goes down aswell over time)

F

Falcon

Originally posted by iceforge
Not true, read how it is on US, in rvr it is MLs or DIE! And not affecting stealthers are just bollocks, you don't know anything about ML's or ToA really or what? (Casters with See Hidden will surdenly affect a stealther unless he got the ARTIFACT to negate it, which will take him what, 100000000002days online time to get? :()

Well outta here on Sunday anyway, just saying ToA is smart is BS imho.
Haha, did you even check my sig.? That's all it takes to notice that I play on the US servers and hence don't need to read about it when I play there first hand.

I have a few level50 chars there, both stealth and non-stealth and have witnessed it first hand. Yes I know exactly how MLs and Artifacts work because I have them and it's NOT have MLs or die, I know this because I play there. Casters do NOT have see hidden, at best it's worse than an assassins detect hidden and can be negated with the easiest artifact to get ever, Goddess' necklace which takes like 10mins to do the encounter and a few hours farming the scrolls then about 10hours levelling up - i.e. a HELL of a lot less time than it takes the caster to get the Staff of the Gods artifact which again shows that if you aint willing to put the time in you don't get the benefits.

Congratulations on one of the most ill-informed posts ever, it really was an impressive show of stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom