Can anyone translate this from Mythic'ish to english?

A

Arnor

Q: I saw a patch note about mini-group window colors indicating the status of your group mates. I was wondering, what happens when more than one thing applies to a group member?

A: The order of precedence (meaning situational colors on the top of the list apply over things lower on the list) is:

- linkdead (blue)
- dead (red)
- mezzed (cyan)
- diseased (orange)
- poisoned (green)
- out of zone (grey)
- nominal (white)

Nominal=

Of, resembling, relating to, or consisting of a name or names.
Assigned to or bearing a person's name: nominal shares.

Existing in name only.
Philosophy. Of or relating to nominalism.

Insignificantly small; trifling: a nominal sum.

Business.
Of, relating to, or being the amount or face value of a sum of money or a stock certificate, for example, and not the purchasing power or market value.
Of, relating to, or being the rate of interest or return without adjustment for compounding or inflation.

Grammar. Of or relating to a noun or word group that functions as a noun.

Aerospace & Engineering. According to plan or design: a nominal flight check.

Does this mean that the kobolds/luris/inconnus/dwarfs are nominal? :p

seriously, doesnt Sanya mean normal or sumt here?

B

belth

Entry: nominal
Function: adjective
Definition: supposed
Synonyms: all there, alleged, apparent, as advertised, formal, given, honorary, mentioned, named, ostensible, pretended, professed, puppet, purported, right on, seeming, self-styled, simple, so-called, stated, suggested, theoretical, titular
Concept: realness
Entry: nominal
Function: adjective
Definition: insignificant
Synonyms: cheap, inconsiderable, inexpensive, low, low-priced, meaningless, minimal, small, symbolic, token, trifling, trivial, unnecessary
Concept: unimportance

Or...

nominal

\Nom"i*nal\, a. [L. nominalis, fr. nomen, nominis, name. See Name.] 1. Of or pertaining to a name or names; having to do with the literal meaning of a word; verbal; as, a nominal definition. --Bp. Pearson.

2. Existing in name only; not real; as, a nominal difference. ``Nominal attendance on lectures.'' --Macaulay.

Normal sounds better...

F

fl3a

"all systems nominal" in old sci-fi movies, meant that everything is at its best ... so i guess sanya meant nominal as in perfect condition :p

A

Arnor

Originally posted by fl3a
"all systems nominal" in old sci-fi movies, meant that everything is at its best ... so i guess sanya meant nominal as in perfect condition :p

sooo, what color does a thane have on his name? :p

trick question, they never get groups :D

L

lofff

zerkers get sum - no service - banner aswell i heard :d

A

Arnor

Originally posted by lofff
zerkers get sum - no service - banner aswell i heard :d

hah! just gimme my relics and ill be handing ass around all emain&odins :swords:

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Arnor
hah! just gimme my relics and ill be handing ass around all emain&odins :swords:

LIES! zerkers are so nerfed QQ savages r balanced QQ its just zerkers get no grps cos they suxx so much not cos of overpowered savages QQ :D

O

old.Emma

sure hope you hit harder than Zzang.. poor bugger.. not even 300 on a cloth wearing gimp :/

felt so sorry for him i had to sit down so it would look like he`s actually damaging someone to his group and mine ;p

C

chrstffr

Originally posted by old.Emma
sure hope you hit harder than Zzang.. poor bugger.. not even 300 on a cloth wearing gimp :/

felt so sorry for him i had to sit down so it would look like he`s actually damaging someone to his group and mine ;p

Funny coz he has hit me for 300+dmg loads of times pre-nerf.
But them cloth armor > rf i guess, even though rf is slash resistant :x

I

ilienwyn

I have a photo of Zzang hitting my cleric for 1024 pre-nerf. Want me send you the photo for the memories? :D

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Can anyone translate this from Mythic'ish to english?

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Sod nominal, it's this that gets on my tits:

you have TITS?!?!?!

And ye, it was kinda hard to adjust to not hitting for 4-500ish mainhand. But everytime I feel down, I just look at the BaF video with the elph bm hitting for 150 mainhand on thrust weak armor xD

B

belth

Re: Re: Can anyone translate this from Mythic'ish to english?

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
Bloody yanks...it's coloUrs ffs :eek:

Bloody brits, don't have to stick that damn 'u' everywhere ;)

G

gwal

Re: Re: Re: Can anyone translate this from Mythic'ish to english?

you have TITS?!?!?!

And ye, it was kinda hard to adjust to not hitting for 4-500ish mainhand. But everytime I feel down, I just look at the BaF video with the elph bm hitting for 150 mainhand on thrust weak armor xD

:D

Users who are viewing this thread