can anyone tell me?

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
just pre-ordered today and was wondering when the beta cd and key arrives does the cd include the actual beta game or do i still have to download it and where from?
thnx in advance

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
I think you have to download the client, but if you already have it from the US beta, you can just edit some files and then it will work ( this may be wrong )

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
I think you have to download the client, but if you already have it from the US beta, you can just edit some files and then it will work ( this may be wrong )

I deleted my US beta version, always have problems modifying files like this so im just gonna do a clean d/l and install i think.

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
bummer i didnt get in on US beta, so can anyone point me to the correct dl for it?

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah me too, i know absolutely nothing about computers really, it takes me a few tries to turn it on :(

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Thug said:
bummer i didnt get in on US beta, so can anyone point me to the correct dl for it?

It will be available on the English WoW website a bit before the Beta starts

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Downloading with the torrent from the site Thorinn posted at 400kb/sec currently :) Way better than when i dl'ed the US open beta with Bliz own downloader (peaked at 100kb and was mostly at around 40-50kb).

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
gah i must be doing something wrong, im on broadband and im getting 3kb/ sec:(

Vae

Resident Freddy
You've probably not got your firewall properly configured to allow access to that port. To get the full speed from a torrent you have to allow your computer to upload to others as well as download the torrent.

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
thnx for the reply, lookin in my firewall and it allowing upload, its actually uploading faster than dl'ing, any other ideas why its so slow, im a torrent noob

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
You need to open ports 6881-6999 (if i remember correct) on your firewall to get any speed from most torrent clients. Look for a port forwarding option in your firewalls config.

Anyway, im all installed and patched now, so give final beta!

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
hmm, im also a torrent noob, when i click on the link and click download it finishes in about a second, and then nothing happens, and i get an unusable icon on my desktop.. what am i doing wrong?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
You need a torrent client ;) Its a program that handles torrent downloads. I use ABC which i find pretty good, but there are tons out there. Just search the web.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
ive downloaded it, its now running at a steady 1.4kb a second lol, luckily theres at least a week until the beta starts :eek:

ROFL, just noticed the ETA is 1week 3 days and 6 hours ( for the download )

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
never mind,its all sorted, my 13 year old brother sorted out my firewall setting for me lol. ( i really need to learn something about computers :( )

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
damn wish i could sort my firewall out still dl'ng at 10kb/sec, although doesnt seem to go faster even when i turn firewall of ( only for a minute:p )

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
I just looked more closely at this Torrent download that Fana linked... It says european CLOSED Beta installer. Will this be the same as the open beta one or is it just a waste of time downloading it?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its the same one.

And Thug, are you behind a hardware firewall, such as a router etc? If your on a home network f.ex. or at a university network. If you are the hardware firewall needs to be configured as well.

Thug

Fledgling Freddie
Fana no its just a home pc running Zonealarm free edition, and there doesnt seem to be an option that i can find to set this port forwarding thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom