Can anyone help?

P

[PS]Fool

Well... i just tryed to log in to my Friar (not PvP if that matters) and it goes ok to the place where you have the castle backdrop, and dose all the 'loading datagram' stuff, but then halfway through it just says 'hit esc to exit game'.

Never happend befor, and i have tryed about 5 times to get in, both by selecintg that char from the list, and trying to log on to the serve, but to no avail.

Anyone else had this prob?

M

mirieth

Sounds like when you get the 'can't connect to the service' message... try running a tracert to: 193.251.251.54
(to do this just go to windows > run > tracert 193.251.251.54)
if you have any packet-loss or big pings to any of the routers it could be a router problem or your ISP could be up the shoot or doing maintinance etc. sometimes a simple thing like reconnecting if you're on a modem and checking all the modem is connected properly etc. does the trick.

If all else fails there is always Rightnow who, although somewhat slow, usually sort the problem.

Hope this helps at all.

P

[PS]Fool

Thanks for your answer, but i just tryed the tracert thing, and it came up with the dos window, and just flashed and shut. Is that supposed to happen?

M

mirieth

make sure you have put it exactly as I did

i.e. tracert <space> 193.251.251.54

S

Solarius

That won't help, it'll just flash up and close again. What you need to do is, in the Run section of your startmenu, type 'cmd' (without the '), then into the command box that appears (an msdos prompt) type the tracert command as shown. The cmd box won't close until you close it, so you can see the trace properly.

Users who are viewing this thread