Camouflage: Seehidden worth it?

L

liste

with all these camouflaged archers, will see hidden be worth it?

Seems to be alot to spend for something that only works sometimes...

E

erl

Nope, it not worth it. I'm not biased. No, I promise ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

Allllll these archers. Yeah.

God forbid the millions of archers prowling Emain might actually be able to avoid getting ganked the moment they leave their PK by someone of the assassin zerg there.

Camo doesn't prevent you using Detect Hidden. It just makes it harder you for you to use your insanely overpowered See Hidden.

F

Flimgoblin

See hidden is still worth it - you'll get some people standing in the middle of an open field sniping, don't worry ;)

Camoflague only works when they're not fighting... how many 'l33t sn1p3r d00ds' will stand around 'scouting' when they could be killing casters? :)

One thing they have improved is the invis->transparent thing rather than invis->fullyvisibleforasecond->transparent

which makes see hidden not quite so stupid.

O

old.job

Isn't there a 10min timer on it as well after battle.

As you say ,they'll be shooting all day, as archers like to and will probably never use it.

O

old.Charonel

exept that your all missing one point, there will be no archers :p

D

-dewey-

<waves hand in front of your face>

You will not get see hidden, archers are never around to be killeeeedd. All the archers that remain use camo then run back to there pk.....

</jedi mind trick>

:D

O

old.linnet

No, definitely not worth the points. Respec out of it as soon as you can.

Lin

:cool:

C

Chameleon

Apologies for being a little off-topic, but does a ranger have to have a minimum spec in stealth to be able to use Camouflage? If so, what is the spec you need and how will going over the minimum improve this ability?

Thanks

O

old.tuppe

there is archers, but not so many hunters.
camouflage is ok hunter for scouting, but!
if yu are group, and group agro to mob/rvr, timer reset,
if you have pet and pet agro to mob/rvr, timer reset.

btw, assasin or other stealher has still change to find you, even you are camo, it depends stealth lvl.
copy from classes of camelot.

Camouflage

The purpose of Camouflage is for the Archer to be able to move about unseen, but not be able to use it to engage in stealthed combat. You use it just like any other ability - first, you must be stealthed, then click on the Camouflage icon to activate the ability. When you are Camouflaged, essentially you are invisible from the assassin See Hidden ability - however, you abide by all the rules of being stealthed normally; i.e. you have a greater chance of being visible to those that are higher level than yourself. You will move at your normal stealthed speed, and you will become visible if you engage in combat (take damage, attack someone, shoot someone with a bow, etc.).

T

trigali

My understanding is that Camouflage is not dependant on Stealth. You can Camo with a low stealth.

Your chances of being discovered, though, directly depend on your stealth level and your level compared to the person you are close to. This is valid both when you are stealthed and camouflaged, so it's still worth it putting some points in Stealth.

But bottom line is: if you want a scout/melee hunter-class, then you can still camo without stealth.

A

Alrindel

Originally posted by Ch@meleon
Apologies for being a little off-topic, but does a ranger have to have a minimum spec in stealth to be able to use Camouflage? If so, what is the spec you need and how will going over the minimum improve this ability?
All archers get it automatically at level 30, no matter what their stealth spec.

E

erl

if yu are group, and group agro to mob/rvr, timer reset
Not entirely true. There are some spells (like the thane's mjolnir) that are bugged and will reset the cammo-timer when used in your gruop. However, if the group uses regular melee-combat and none of the bugged spells and you don't hit anything the timer won't change.

The thing I will use cammo for is to survive the trip mpk -> my favorite sniping spots. If any albs camped mmg before it was impossible to get through (always infils there). Now it's much easier.

If I was an assassin I don't think I would get see hidden. I mean, it's 8 points and now negated by cammo. Two points more and you can get purge, one point more and you get first aid 2, much more usefull skulls imo.

M

Meatballs

I got see hidden after being ganked silly by truesight so its the archers who are to blame for their own plight :p

C

Chameleon

Thanks for the info. Think i'll have to redo my 'no stealth' ranger spec then! Just as well I wasted so much time crafting and so only levelled to 15 so far ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom