Cameras! (..?)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Imma go to Japan the 6th of April for 2 solid months before going to Rock am ring (woo! \o/). I want pictures. i need camera for that, apparently taking a screenshot doesnt work in japan :(
anywhyho i need some help on what to look for. i dont want (read: need) one of these:
628px-Eos_20d_v_sst.jpg
but i dont want a shitty one either. I know there's some Photographers in this here forum and hoping that everybody might have some help, perhaps even a suggestion ;)

thanks in advance!

Sony DSC W80 Review
found this on sale locally (although they say you save ~70 quid (700 dkr) its not quite true compared to other place its sold. ~130 quid in denmark)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
apparently taking a screenshot doesnt work in japan :(

It doesn't work anywhere else either i heard.

Tried to find Prnt Scrn button at the bar a couple of night back, to capture some fine booty action, but no go.

Fraps evidently doesn't work either.

About cameras, all i can say is you can't go wrong with canon, any canon really, and you're already on a good street for not even thinking about getting a minisizeddigisupershot or some such.

Other issues come with price really, and how much you're ready to pay.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
~200 quid max. i do however plan to take photographs of 'streets' when i get back. a lil hobby of mine

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Personally, i think tat would buy you a nice enough canon. I've always used canons(when i used cameras way back) so, personal favorite. Can't give much of a "in depth" opinion on the models out nowadays etc though.

But, what i can help, is say that they have worked purrfectly.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
It doesn't work anywhere else either i heard.

Tried to find Prnt Scrn button at the bar a couple of night back, to capture some fine booty action, but no go.

Fraps evidently doesn't work either.

About cameras, all i can say is you can't go wrong with canon, any canon really, and you're already on a good street for not even thinking about getting a minisizeddigisupershot or some such.

Other issues come with price really, and how much you're ready to pay.

Its even worse when you try to make a script to clean your dishes :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ooh ooh waaaait!!!!!

i saw on one of those travel shows that you can get excellant cameras and nerdy electrical stuff in japan for a fraction of the cost youd get it in europe...maybe yu should investigate this and then if its true buy one over there?

ok you may proceed.

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
I bought a nice digital camera last year. It was one of the SLR type ones you are looking not looking for, but the best advice i could give is that the digital camera magazines were well worth a look at for their reviews of the current models. Which digital camera was one i found pretty good. They often have an index listing many models at different price ranges so it helps to pick one that suits your needs.

Hope you find a good one. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
ooh ooh waaaait!!!!!

i saw on one of those travel shows that you can get excellant cameras and nerdy electrical stuff in japan for a fraction of the cost youd get it in europe...maybe yu should investigate this and then if its true buy one over there?

ok you may proceed.

was considering that but chances are that i might buy a faux, defect or a non-english (or danish) product might be high. besides, does it break i wont be able to get services, both sexual and non-sexsual, when i turn it in :(

tierk

Part of the furniture
was considering that but chances are that i might buy a faux, defect or a non-english (or danish) product might be high...

LoL you do realise that the cameras selling in Denmark /UK are made in Japan or China? You going to Tokyo, its not like you are in Vietnam or some such place so when you purchase a camera over there chances are that it will be made in Japan rather then in North Korea.

.....besides, does it break i wont be able to get services, both sexual and non-sexsual, when i turn it in :(

I think that you would still be able to get it serviced and repaired at one of the many shops in Denmark representing Caoon or Sony etc.

I bought one of these

Amazon.com: Sony Cybershot DSC-T1 5MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom: Camera & Photo

in 2005 and its still working and no need for warranty or anything. If it does break i will just take it to any sony dealer and get it fixed. Cost you ask? A fraction of what it would have cost me in England.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom