Camelotmonkey.com for EU?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Nope.

Mythic provides an interface to their character data, where web servers can ask for a specific characters data.(XML::RPC for those interested).

GoA decided in their wisdom to try and do things their own way instead of following what Mythic did.

Thus they only supply a set of XML files, where you more or less have to download the entire archive on each update. Noone have bothered to do that in order to mimmic the Camelot Monkey. Especially not the author of the monkey. :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Where is the documentation for the camelotherald.com XML-RPC interface? Seems to be one of the best kept secrets!

Nate

FH is my second home
Why can't they ditch the way they do xml atm and copy the US one, it looks so much better and has a load more of info I'd like to have over here...definately seems we're getting a second rate service as opposed to the Americans atm. The chronicles really, really suck..and they always bug.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Where is the documentation for the camelotherald.com XML-RPC interface? Seems to be one of the best kept secrets!

No idea. You could try and ask on Camelotmonkey.com. :)

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I've e-mailed pete (at) camelotmonkey asking if there's any chance of a copy of the code so i can see if i can add it onto www.daoceuro.co.uk

stay tuned :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
I've e-mailed pete (at) camelotmonkey asking if there's any chance of a copy of the code so i can see if i can add it onto www.daoceuro.co.uk

stay tuned :)

How would that help though?

GoA doesn't provide the XML::RPC functionality the monkey uses.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
How would that help though?

GoA doesn't provide the XML::RPC functionality the monkey uses.

maybe, maybe not - if i get the code i'll be able to see if i can work it out or not...

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
http://signs.silentpeak.de/?menu=conf

well thats quite close but you can only add from one guild to 1 sign, would be sweet if you could add to pic, then change the server/guild while still keeping the original picture and adding to that

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Takhasis said:
maybe, maybe not - if i get the code i'll be able to see if i can work it out or not...

But it's pointless as GOA doesn't provide any XML-RPC interface. The only options are to either selectively download guilds as needed (GOA providers a list of guilds per realm), or just download all with the listing. Mythic doesn't appear to provide any summary listings, just the XML files and the XML-RPC interface which nobody seems to know about.

The formula for the monkey is approximately (RPs/1000)+(Levels*2)+(MLs*50), I think it might be calculating each character individually before adding them up - so it's a little inaccurate.

Nothing stopping you from implementing it with the currently available XML files.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Nate said:
Why can't they ditch the way they do xml atm and copy the US one, it looks so much better and has a load more of info I'd like to have over here...definately seems we're getting a second rate service as opposed to the Americans atm. The chronicles really, really suck..and they always bug.

GOA's XML has been fairly reliable recently.

In general though, GOA's XML is far easier to work with. They provide summary listings which can be used to reduce the number of files needed when downloading. Classes and races are given IDs instead of names, where as before people needed translation tables just to import XML files from other servers. camelot-europe.goa.com supports HTTP keep-alive too, making the download of multiple files much faster - downloading Mythic's XML is quite slow!

It misses some of the extra fluff details, but I'd say it's a better implementation.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I'm expecting GoA to change the ways some XML files work with LoTM.

Things are changing on daoceuro.co.uk, Takhasis is busy with some stuff but all will be revealed when its ready.

Basically atm, we have every single player on DAoC Europe that has been activate within the last month in a database, we can do anything we like with it.

Nate

FH is my second home
GReaper said:
GOA's XML has been fairly reliable recently.

In general though, GOA's XML is far easier to work with. They provide summary listings which can be used to reduce the number of files needed when downloading. Classes and races are given IDs instead of names, where as before people needed translation tables just to import XML files from other servers. camelot-europe.goa.com supports HTTP keep-alive too, making the download of multiple files much faster - downloading Mythic's XML is quite slow!

It misses some of the extra fluff details, but I'd say it's a better implementation.
Is the reason it downloads slowly, that it has more information though? You can even see how many guards you've killed on the mythic one iirc.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Two different things Nate.

GReaper mentions the update of the background XML files have been stable recently.

You mention that the Flash interface GoA provides is a typical french product: Slow, Uninformative and Ugly.

Add on top of that, that the XML GoA provide holds less information than what Mythic provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom