Camelot has encountered an error and will be terminated

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Or something like that, its in swedish so dont know exactly what it says in english :)

When I play my DAOC kicks me out in windows, sometimes I get a critical error message and sometimes It just shuts down and *poof* Im staring at the windows screen.

I have just bought a new HD cause the other one was damaged and read soooo slow but I had this problem even on the old HD.

Anyone know what this could be?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Direct x maybe, you got that installed on new hardrive?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
-Do a DXDiag, save the results into a txt file and either send it to RightNow (with a description of your problem) or post it here.
-Check your drivers and install the latest drivers if they´re outdated.
-Get a RAM checking tool and check your RAM.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
I have latest of all drivers and DirectX.

I reinstalled my computer today and now its even worse, now I cant run any program at all anymore.
I get the same errormessage and then it just shuts down.

Probably something easy to fix, I just dont know how :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Doesn´t sound like something "easy to fix" tbh :)
Do you have a CPU temperature monitor running? Is your CPU cooler working?
Get a diagnosis tool (Sandra or something, that´s shareware) and let it check your computer. My guess is that one of your RAM modules is defect but that´s just a wild guess.
Oh... and just in case, open your box and clean it from dust etc (get a vaccum cleaner, but be careful with it). Sometimes the layers of dust are causing short circuits.

hope that helps

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Dumle said:
Or something like that, its in swedish so dont know exactly what it says in english :)

When I play my DAOC kicks me out in windows, sometimes I get a critical error message and sometimes It just shuts down and *poof* Im staring at the windows screen.

I have just bought a new HD cause the other one was damaged and read soooo slow but I had this problem even on the old HD.

Anyone know what this could be?

1) we need to know what the critical error mesages says so we can diagnose the problem.

2) what operating ststem are you using

3) you using IDE or SATA harddisks? If your using SATA what level of raid are you using? Have you installed the SATA raid array drivers that came with the motherboard.

4) What is your make/model of Mobo (motherboard), have you updated Mobo drivers.

5) make a partition and install DAOC in the New partition see if you get the same problem.

6)You could be developing faulty Ram if you can remove one strip and play DAOC see what happens, if nothing happens then its faulty ram, if it does happen with one Ram strip in then swap them round and see if you still hae the problem. you can try downloading a RAM diagnostic tool and see if it brings up any read write errors on the RAm etc.

you seem to be getting a similiar problem to this thread:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=44687

What make/model hard disk you using?

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Dumle said:
Camelot has encountered an error and will be terminated

Have you got World of Warcarft or Everquest 2 installed, as i think DAOC is not compatible with these and crashes :)

:m00:

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure but seems it was a faulty stick of RAM that was causing me a headache ;)

ripped it out last night and was able to play for an hour without any problems.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom