Camelot has encountered a problem and must close...

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I keep on getting this message and I have no idea why. I've just got a new PC:

Athlon 3200 pro
MSI K7N2 Motherboard
1024 mb ddr ram
GeForce fx 5700 Ultra

I have no idea why its doing this, I've tried it with the latest drivers for mobo and gfx card, best working drivers etc etc - can anyone help me? :(

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
it can be due to a lot of reasons...

from viruses to bad installation or about 10000000 other things

any more info you can give?

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
I keep on getting this message and I have no idea why. I've just got a new PC:

Athlon 3200 pro
MSI K7N2 Motherboard
1024 mb ddr ram
GeForce fx 5700 Ultra

I have no idea why its doing this, I've tried it with the latest drivers for mobo and gfx card, best working drivers etc etc - can anyone help me? :(

i got that when i had a "problem" with my UI, try changing the UI a bit,

hope that helps.

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Have you tried to read my post called... .Just Curious...about game.dll (or something similar?)

Seems like you got the same trouble as me, but I still got the problem after several hints and tips, not just from this forum.

Yesterday I installed win2k, with all drivers/updates I could think of, but no... ToA makes me go LD all the time, and if I begin running SI clients, I get same problem as you, tho mostly its something about game.dll...

Wish I could help, if I ever find out ill tell you asap :)

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Acibeth, Naetha, could you both describe your pc configuration (HW+ Operating system (SP included)+ software currenty running when playing)?

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1GB Kingston DDR400 Mhz
Ennyah Digicolor GF4 TI4400, 128MB
Soltek SL-K8AV-R motherboard
30GB Maxtor 53073H6
40GB Fujutsi MPG3409AH E
Samsung Syncmaster 900SL+
standard keyb+mouse install
Win2000, 5.00.2195 SP4
DirectX 9.0B
Using onboard soundcard atm, in test to unplug SB Live Value
Gf4 drivers. 56.56

If theres any other info you need, feel free to ask :)

Now, go find a solution to my problem :D

Anyway, only thing thats new due to an upgrade is: CPU, RAM, Motherboard.

But even with the old system it craaaaaaashed...a... lot.....

-Acibeth

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Oh btw, forgot to tell I have run all windows updates, after a clean format few days ago. Running AVG antivirus sometimes to test with and without scanner in background.

Thats it (Except the watch and sound config)

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for all these msgs hehe, but now we are at it. I experience that I LD a lot more than I crash in Win2k... any ideas why?

Also win2k makes my cable-modem light up like if I use all the broadband... makes me insane :puke:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
tried the hyperion via drivers ? or the timing delay patch thing .. had loads of problems getting my msi board stable too a while but try www.viaarena.com think thats right ... boards there are helpful

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
<touches wood.....a lot>

I did two things - I installed a second fan to make my PC run cooler, and I changed my bios settings from high performance to normal.

And ToA hasn't crashed yet!

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
However....I'm still getting glitchy graphics, sound and mouse on the entire computer (but only when ToA is up) and Winamp encounters a problem and has to close :(

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Well now my games just shuts down to desktop without any warning, but the game.dll + nt4_disp.dll error can also come along, and its in SI client.

After reading thru tons of posts on VN boards tech forum, theres ALOT of players around who shares these problems, all with diff. PC setups ofc.. What scares me though is... their problems are the same as ours, but in 1.68 patch.. .We are still running 1.67 so it could look like mythic's small "fixes" which they update quite often, does nothing but bring up new problems to tons of players, and if they still got problems with 1.68 in US.. well what can I say, WOHOO!

The more they add and tries to fix, the worse it gets.

/cancels subscriptions

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, did any of those troublemaking computers have Intel CPU?

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Winamp causes all kinds of conflicts.
Go to start->run and type in msconfig then click OK. In the sysstem configuration window, click on the 'Startup' tab and look down the list of programs that are started automatically when Windows boots. Look for winampa and uncheck the box next to it. Click 'apply' then 'close' and follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Winamp itself isn't the problem, rather it's the winamp agent which causes conflicts. Go to Winamp preferences and make sure you've diabled winamp agent in there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom