Camelot Foundations

A

astriix

Cant wait for this to be active, anyone know how it works? do we pay for materials with gold,, to build the houses? or what?
guna be up end of summer they said,!

Cant wait to have my lil home somewer like skona.. :)

N

Nivellen

All the info you can find at http://www.camelotherald.com/housing/

It costs like:
Cottage 1p (rent of 20g/week)
House 10p (rent of 200g/week)
Villa 40p (rent of 800g/week)
Mansion 100p (rent of 2p/week)

Rent is equal to 2% of the purchase price of the house, paid weekly.

C

cadiva

Originally posted by astriix
Cant wait to have my lil home somewer like skona.. :)

Sadly you're gonna be disappointed then, the housing zone is just outside Jordheim near Vale of Mularn. ;)

B

brite

there is somthing about paying for rent using bounty points too

N

Nivellen

Yep same in Albion, housing zone is to the left (or right... forgot) just after you cross the Cotswold Bridge towards Camelot.

Also about the Bounty Points:
Rent Tokens
One additional way to help pay your rent costs is by exchanging bounty points for rent tokens. If you're the owner of a house you can exchange your personal bounty points for rent tokens to pay your own rent. The exchange rate is 1 Bounty Point = 1 Gold. You can buy these rent tokens in the Common Market area in the housing area.

If your guild owns a guild house and you are guild rank 0, you may also use the your own personal bounty points to pay for rent tokens.

Bounty Tokens are no-drop, so you cannot trade them and you cannot use them to pay rent on someone else's house.

M

Monkee*

when are we gonna see it on the european servers? anyone know???

A

astriix

they said end of summer....? dono exactly when tho

L

Lorthania

Patch to 1.63 should be in a couple of weeks (thought I saw that on GOA's site), from that point on Foundations will be on as well...

Lorth

F

Falcon

I'm gonna run an Elf-only brothel.

1.63 in a couple of weeks? We'll be lucky they aint even finished 1.62 yet <cough> /level 30 <cough>

T

Tesla Monkor

Foundations will most likely come at the same time as 1.64.

W

warlock_es

Originally posted by Falcon
I'm gonna run an Elf-only brothel.
I'll bring my cleric to heal your honorea.
For a price, of course.

T

trafikk_jamm

For those that didn't read it, this was posted by GOA in last Fridays news.

New patch & Foundation :

The translation is going strong for the coming patch (patch 1.63). This version will also introduce the first Dark Age of Camelot free add-on : Foundations. We still have a couple weeks of work and tests before bringing it live. It is still too early to give a precise date but we will keep you informed on the evolution of the translation. While waiting, you can already check our Foundations website here : http://camelot-europe.goa.com/foundations

p.s. remember besides the cost of the building, cottage/house/villa/mansion you have to buy the plot 1st, this is done on a reverse auction where a plot of land starts at 100 plat and reduces in price over a period of time if not purchased, untill it eventually drops to 1 plat.

p.p.s. After 18 months of playing the most money I have ever managed to accrue on any of my chars is 4 plat :) tbh don't think I will be house hunting anytime soon.

L

longshot

I've played the game for 7 months during which I took a long break for 3-4 months (thought EVE and SWG were cool - what did I drink?). I'm only lvl 33 and I haven't been doing THAT much farming - just craft tasks, yet I still have 1 plat. I made 750 gp alone over the last 4 levels. At that rate, it seems like a 1p lot and a cottage is doable even before reaching lvl 50.

Yeah, it's expensive, but not unrealistic given the amount of money out there. You just have to spend wisely and not buy MP armor every 2nd lvl :)

T

trafikk_jamm

I have 3 level 50's and none of them have MP armour, they have all got spellcrafted 99 qual armour and weapons, oops i tell a lie my NS has mp boots and gloves as they are leather and cheap :), could never afford MP stuff especially scale on my Warden :( he wears 99 qual reinforced.

N

Nivellen

Wah I've been playing my Wiz all up to level 40 now and just have 500 gold....

T

Tesla Monkor

Technically, Foundations is the second add-on. Darkness Falls was the first. (But it wasn't optional. ;)

T

Twaize

I reached 700 G as lvl 33 but donated it all to guild...

Il leave that one to be read...

I

i-scream

Originally posted by trafikk_jamm
...p.s. remember besides the cost of the building, cottage/house/villa/mansion you have to buy the plot 1st, this is done on a reverse auction where a plot of land starts at 100 plat and reduces in price over a period of time if not purchased, untill it eventually drops to 1 plat.
In fact, the lots started at 95 P to my knowledge: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/928.shtml
Well, it's only 5 P of difference :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom