Camelot.exe HELP PLZ :)

Y

-yoda-

Hello im having trouble getting online EVERYTIME i try log in when it comes to update part where cd-key is it keeps repeatedly downlading a small file called Camelot.exe 61.9kb large .. when its downloaded it asks me close down daoc and restart the game when i do it does the same thing again.. also same with my usa version ... keeps doin the same small dl over and over and wont let me go past the update window: (

i HAVE tried deleting ALL doac's Usa/Eu and gorre from my comp and RE-Installing it .,, and same thing constantly wontlet me go past update and trys repeat downloand same file :(

if anybody has any insight or help or had similer problem and have sorted it please help . i DONT want to reboot my comp to factory setting due to my 1100+ mp3 collection :( ALL help and ideas welcome thnx :)

P.S I have NOT downlloaded ANY 3rd party programs at all before someody says i been jacked .. i dont usa daox i dont even use mirc anymore "deleted 2+month ago" , and i certainly aintdl'd an other cheat progs "cheats r for fags" so pleeez hlp :)

D

Dook_Pug

I had the same problem.

Try reinstalling DAoC, worked for me. :)

O

old.ghengis

try deleting the contents of your temporary internet folder.
it might help.

F

Flimgoblin

failing that I'll give the standard microsoft helpdesk response:

reboot, try again
if still broken, reinstall windows.

I

inqy

Strange, my camelot.exe is 128kb, so summit ain't right.

Instead of deleting the folder though, try doing an uninstall of DAoC, there should be a entry for it in add/remove programs. Then install to a fresh NEW directory and running DAoC from that. You'll obviously still need to update to get to 1.52 but this will mean all files are crisp from the install with no players inis or slightly altered .dat files and hopefully freshly created registry entries.

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest you try Rightnow. Something in the registry gaying it up I'd guess.

Also if it does come to it, try to install your operating system and program files on one partition and keep your data and games on a seperate one. Makes reinstalling your system drive much less of a headache. As lets face it, good old Billl still can't make an OS that shags itself after a few months of intensive fiddling from end users.

:m00:

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Fingoniel
failing that I'll give the standard microsoft helpdesk response:

reboot, try again
if still broken, reinstall windows.

LoL. :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom