calling all subed sof2 players

T

TheBlueCat

please add to this thread if yer a regular player and your subed
id like to get an idea how many we have

once we know mebbe we can get a game free of lamas sorted

B

b00bie

im not a regular, only bought it at the weekend.not had chance to habe a game yet with the server been empty.

SIlentb00b{KEA}

T

TheBlueCat

get irc if you dont have it already and come into bwsof2 channel

we try organise agame

T

throdgrain

Heh B00b I bought it the other day too, Ive played on Jolt servers so far.
Tell you what Blue cat bloke, I saw you playing on Jolt the other day, and you seemed to know what you was doing , so perhaps you can answer a couple of questions for me?
1. Do the guns have recoil like in cs?i.e is there any point in burst firing ?
2. I notice some player prediction has been mentioned, but is this a quake style game where you aim ahead of a moving target, or a half life game where you aim at a moving target. normally i would have thought the answer was in the question, but the Player prediction thing kind of confuses the matter.
3. (rhetorical question) Did they have to make it almost exactly like Q3 Urban Terror ?? From the stiff-legged way the models walk to the user interface its all the same . A bit disappointing really i thought. And the way if you walk into a wall the model stops but the footsteps keep going :(
Anyway, other than that quite fun, I really like the M4/203 !

I

Ignition

Originally posted by throdgrain
Heh B00b I bought it the other day too, Ive played on Jolt servers so far.
Tell you what Blue cat bloke, I saw you playing on Jolt the other day, and you seemed to know what you was doing , so perhaps you can answer a couple of questions for me?
1. Do the guns have recoil like in cs?i.e is there any point in burst firing ?
2. I notice some player prediction has been mentioned, but is this a quake style game where you aim ahead of a moving target, or a half life game where you aim at a moving target. normally i would have thought the answer was in the question, but the Player prediction thing kind of confuses the matter.
3. (rhetorical question) Did they have to make it almost exactly like Q3 Urban Terror ?? From the stiff-legged way the models walk to the user interface its all the same . A bit disappointing really i thought. And the way if you walk into a wall the model stops but the footsteps keep going :(
Anyway, other than that quite fun, I really like the M4/203 !

I'm not quite as 1337 as BlueCat but I'll see what I can do here.

1. Yes guns have recoil, burst firing definitely the way to go, either set the gun to burst or tap on auto :)

2. Aiming ahead of moving target is a good plan, there is some travel time involved with the bullets, they don't hit the instant they leave your gun.

So you're using the M4/M203? Heh you've probably been called an M4 n00b already, and if that's the case ignore it, for some reason some ppl think you absolutely must have the standard rifle/automatic gun in every fps or you are a n00b. If I get killed by someone using M203 nade I just select the M4 next round and kill them a few times with it instead of insults :)

Glad you like the game anyways, keep coming back here for the latest news, etc :D

T

TheBlueCat

hi :)

well for the prediction i normaly only lead at distance just a touch of lead at about 3/4 the length of map
rest of time il aim for um

but did play with prediction off for a while and just lead the shot as norrmal

setting is cg_antilag

I

Ignition

Gonna have to adjust my settings a bit then methinks, that or just get some aiming skills :)

C

Cdr

Lo lo

Lo all,

I am / was a regular to the BW servers, although obviously recently they've kinda been void of people.

Been playing since the game was released :)

N

NightH@wk|

As The-Don and Ignition know i am a subscriber to BW and am open to ideas to get people back to BW coz Jolt dem maps suck they have a big problem on Jolt 16 and 18 Demolition and the admin there says so what, So come on lets get BW Rockin again

I

Ignition

One thing that probably will help us is that now apparently the new v1.2 patch with PunkBuster could be released as late as 22nd OCTOBER.

As Jolt is rife with cheating, and as you know even before p2p BW was pretty much devoid of cheats, there's another thing that'll hopefully bring people in to BW, just wanting a fair game without a wallhacker (v. common) or aimbotter there.

(That might raise a few eyebrows but people who play on Jolt quite a bit know that it's true)

Users who are viewing this thread