Calling all Sorcerers, which RA's??

J

Jaas Mallai

I am finally coming back to DAOC (thanks NTL for taking your time), and was wondering which RA's you Sorcerers/Sorceresses will be going for, and in which order?

Any advice???

Ta muchly

JM

O

old.marteeny

To start with Im planning on going for MCL, Acuity 2, Serenity 2 and Purge.

Personally Im going to carry on trying to mez, so the AE DoT is not on my list of wants, Alb needs more cc as it is in rvr (ie instas), so dont really like the idea of sorcs breaking and basically stopping the possibilty of mezzing when they use it in rvr.

Although how long Ill be able to put up with trying to play albs primary cc when our cc is soon going to be next to useless in rvr is a different matter.

B

Balbor

Mezz will become less and less effective now. Mezz are good but in a large battle they are a lot less useful. Ok you mezz a load of enemy tank but as your tanks move in the get mezzed, it just goes no. Much nastyer are the AOE stuns ok they last less time but you always take a lot more damage, i never get killed while mezzed (ok usally just after it breaks but having my on instent Mezz helps if someone breaks the one on me) but i alwasy die when i get stunned, uselly with Debuffs, DOT and nukes raining down on me. Unless we get AOE instent stuns like the mids have we can forget about using CC to win large battles. If we start going in with DOTs, AOE Debuffs and Nukes those CC will have to turn to healing there own and make our lives a bit easyer.

O

old.marteeny

Sorcs are meant to be primary cc, if i wanted to do damage Id delete and start a wiz

K

kr0n

I mezzed a group of hibs today... No one resisted. Everyone came to melee me down. HURRAY GROUPPURGE!

W

wildsorcerer

my choice

well firstly ive been readin a lot on the sorci bords from US and from what i been hearin they recomment u w8 for RR3 so u can get the Big ticket RA's (DoT,Purge,MoC etc)

have got RR3 i decided to go with MoC ( gives 15 sec's non inturpted castin )

i decided to go for MoC coz im speced quite high in Body ( 41 ) so i have a nice Life Tap spell . u will need Augmented Acuity III ( 10 points ) and MoC ( 14 points ) cost of 108K RP's RR3 L4 i think .

well what i can say so far is WOOOOW !!! non intrupt LIFE TAP !!

first time i used it i soloed 2 Troll tanks and one even used First aid !!! ( revenge is o soo sweet cuba ! )they was both on me attackin melee and i just spamed life tap muhahahah 15 sec's two dead trolls :) made my day :)

second time i used it i was with Motor and between us we killed about 7-8 Hibs !
and no im not talkin about AE mes and pickin em off 1 at a time im talkin spamin life tap and killin em V quick even when they are attackin me

it is on a 30 min timer and that is kinda sucky but when its up i really dont think u will lose Vs any other class 1Vs1 ( unless they get a Big drop on u )

well to all sorci and caby i really feel it is a MUST for our classes in RvR

my Next skill will b Long Wind not doubt about it, every lvl means u can sprint 20% longer and bar song classes we are unbeaten with speed good for getin away even better for chasin Fleein Targets :)

Purge im not so sure about, for Tanks hell yes, paper armour wearers ......well we never last in a gankor by a solo skald my exp of being mesed even if it does wear off u have been targeted and wont b alive long anyway ( solo skalads be warned MoC will send u home early if u pick me :p ) best u can do is get body res up and hope sum1 in group has a +% group bonus to body runin ..

The AE DoT i could of got but hell why b a meser and cast AE DoT ? just seem pointless i maybe respecin to All Body and losing AE mes due to how much it has been nurffed, with only center target getin full duration and gettin weaker and weaker as u go away from target ... ( also Hib AND Mid havein AE instant Mes and from fekin Chain wearers !! mythic do u know what the word balenced means ? ) makes me think Sorci isnt the same charater i started to play but hell we are so rare that one lil voice of complaint wont b noticed by mythic :(

guess i got a bit off topic
Wooops soz :) hope this helps a bit
----------------------------------------------
Wild Thing (the 30)
----------------------------------------------

I Don't Care Whats Written About Me As Long As It Isn't True

W

wildsorcerer

re RA

also if u go for AE DoT think about getin Wild Arcana coz if u crit hit a DoT u wil Crit WITH EVERY TICK ... a must for matter cabbys !! and AE DoT sorci's

--------------------------------
Wild thing (the 30)
--------------------------------
I Don't Care What's Written About Me As Long As It Isn't True

L

LunarDarkShadow

Well, I shall be going for the AE DoT to start with, and then, when I have farmed enough realm points with it , I shall probably respec to go a little more passive.

Oh, but think if they decided to give us realm points for mezz <sigh>

K

kr0n

i decided to go for MoC coz im speced quite high in Body ( 41 ) so i have a nice Life Tap spell .

Lifedrain is baseline spell, so you get it anyways ;)

O

old.marteeny

so are you and ezeine gonna spill the beans on what youve spent your thousands on? :)

T

Turamber

Nothing? Eep compare that to my hard earned 57k, the life of a tank and all... :(

D

Danya

And I thought I was gimped with 95k, sheesh turamber.

S

Saturnine

Goodbye Sorcs.

What 1.52 means to sorcerors,

DoTs - Same (but purgable)
Nukes - Longer to cast
Mez - Resitance to it increased, duration reduced and purgable
Pets - Can`t have "yellow con" ones anymore
Roots - Same as mez, and increased casting time

So that leaves the all new earth-spec wizzie looking about 37 times more usefull.

Insta-cast AoE debuffs are all that`ll remain usefull and playing a class for that is frankly silly.

E

Ezeine

My selection:

Augmented Acuity III
MCL
Serenity I
Wild Power II
Mastery of Magery I
MoC

33 points spent, 2 leftover points. (I'm R4L5)

Maybe some errors since I can't check them now. (Not on my machine)

And sorcerers aren't dead after 1.52.
Some valid templates are
50 Matter, rest in body/mind
48 Body, 24 Mind (thinking of respeccing to this)

My current template is 41 Body, 34 mind and some leftover points.

Users who are viewing this thread