Calling all Friars...or people who group with friars.

F

Farnis

Hiya,

Quick question..its a long way off - but I need to plan my character so I dont cock him up.

Anyway - proposed 50 Friar spec is gonna be

staff 36
Enh 48
Rej 25
Parry 10

Now, speaking to some people (and reading various boards), they seem to think that the last matter resist buff at 49 enh is king.

Anyway - jus want to know that a) my weapon spec aint too low
b) 48 enh is fine c) youll all be happy with a friar with 25 in rejuve.

Cheers ta. :)

V

Vim

My Spec:

47 Enhanc (Best haste)
39 Staff (Enough Weap skill, with items to 50 and with RR you get over if you want. plus the counter-evade chainstyle is useable.)
18 Rejuv (No HoT, but stable 215hp heal. Afterall, we are better at fighting than healing)
16 parry (Need some :x)

You lose 2 last resist buffs but *shrug* doesn't really matter for me.

You can leave staff to 36, but i see no point in it o_O Might aswell stay 34 (Holy staff sucks tho)

25Rejuv is more than enough. You'll heal stable 279 or something i think. Plus you get the HoT, altho i've heard that it sucks.

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Farnis

Damn Too low

b) 48 enh is fine
yes but not a must

c) youll all be happy with a friar with 25 in rejuve.
we all? is worhtless for u. dumped points

just my opinion...

bb

J

Jiggs

36s 48e 25r 10p

well, that is the spec i have, but i _really_ wouldnt recommend anything less than 39staff to anyone under RR5

25+16 is pretty dam good heals (mainly for the variance on the grp heal which is important in RvR) and i really love this spec.

i lost about 2(!) damage on my cap when i respeced 39 to 36 staff but its the lower weaponskill which will hurt you 36+11staff is not going to be that good tbh... for me i got 36+16 so i dont suffer so bad.

49e is not important i got about 35%matter when i buff up and for the points u lose its really not worth an extra 8% on something which protect u against a few DoTs here and there...

well thats my thoughts, i do fine in RvR with this spec i can support clerics pretty good while still fighting well, most people i see say crap blah blah about friar stuff/specs really friar class is all about the player not some uber spec...

thats the main idea behind 25reju is u can reduce the strain on the cleric, but dont ever think u can replace them!

F

Farnis

Originally posted by Jiggs
36s 48e 25r 10p

well, that is the spec i have, but i _really_ wouldnt recommend anything less than 39staff to anyone under RR5

25+16 is pretty dam good heals (mainly for the variance on the grp heal which is important in RvR) and i really love this spec.

i lost about 2(!) damage on my cap when i respeced 39 to 36 staff but its the lower weaponskill which will hurt you 36+11staff is not going to be that good tbh... for me i got 36+16 so i dont suffer so bad.

49e is not important i got about 35%matter when i buff up and for the points u lose its really not worth an extra 8% on something which protect u against a few DoTs here and there...

well thats my thoughts, i do fine in RvR with this spec i can support clerics pretty good while still fighting well, most people i see say crap blah blah about friar stuff/specs really friar class is all about the player not some uber spec...

thats the main idea behind 25reju is u can reduce the strain on the cleric, but dont ever think u can replace them!

Exactly the type of stuff i was after - cheers fella :)

P

Puppetmistress

Never had a friar keeping me standing on a regular base. There is no way you can fight and heal in hectic RvR.

From that standing (that's my opinion, not necessarily true) I choose:

39 staff
49 enhance
18 rejuvenation
9 parry (it's bugged anyhow atm)

Friar healing won't keep anyone up. Getting healed for 200~ with groupheal (do you get that much from it ?) won't do much good in:

Zerker attacks you with his axe, you've been hit for 500+

Therefore I choose this template :)

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Never had a friar keeping me standing on a regular base. There is no way you can fight and heal in hectic RvR.

heh i feel sorry u played with such noob friars :(

PS grp heal does 110-120ish iirc not 200

F

Flimgoblin

kept me alive whilst bashing a healer and having 3 tanks on me ;)

think our cleric was helping him... - but I needed both :)

C

~Clarky~

my spec is 29staff/48enhance/33rejuve/10parry - has no points left over, and imo is a great utility char, + a great asset to any group - you can fight OK , you have good resistance buffs, and come 1.60 you will have the lvl 24 HoT + the lvl 33 Specced Heal.

Abraxis 50 Friar
Alat 50 Necro
<Avengers of Pendragon>

M

Motowntheta

Still here.... still rejuv :)

36 Staff 38 Enhance 34 Rejuv 22 Parry

Did anyone say Friars were easy to spec.... hell no :) Friars are the swiss army knife of Albion..... :)

All you need to know is the minimum stats which you need as a friar.... IMO these are:

29+ Staff

18+ Rejuv

38+ Enhance

1+ Parry

Above these scores in any skill is a matter of play style. The best bit about a friar is it's non-cookie cutterness :)

EDIT: /nerf Jiggs :)

A

Arwen

Hiya,

Quick question..its a long way off - but I need to plan my character so I dont cock him up.

Anyway - proposed 50 Friar spec is gonna be

staff 36
Enh 48
Rej 25
Parry 10

Now, speaking to some people (and reading various boards), they seem to think that the last matter resist buff at 49 enh is king.

b) 48 enh is fine c) youll all be happy with a friar with 25 in rejuve.

Cheers ta. :)

Great spec, keep it.

G

ghaladriel

:ROFLMAO:

Ghaladriel lvl 50 Alerion Knight [First Cohort]

Tunda lvl 24 Guardian [Alamut]

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Motowntheta
Still here.... still rejuv :)

36 Staff 38 Enhance 34 Rejuv 22 Parry

Did anyone say Friars were easy to spec.... hell no :) Friars are the swiss army knife of Albion..... :)

Mine is 39 staff, 38 enhance, 34 rejuv, 14 parry.

It's a good PvE group spec : you can be main or only healer as long as you have PBT and aggro-conscious group members. 33 spec heal does just under 400 every 2.5s or so, big base heal is just under 300 every 2s or so, small base heal is 140 every 1.5s, group heal is 120ish every 2s or so.

This is with self buffs at 38 enhance. Casting is VERY fast and no serious variance at 34 rejuv.

RvR is different...damage is okayish and the healing comes in handy but you can only really be a VERY secondary healer. Group heal is good for going against defended keeps and you have people on the doors getting PBd/AoEd/DoTd. If the cleric goes completely OOP or is concentrating on whoever needs healing most, you can do stitch-in-time-saves-nine kinda healing on tanks and casters not being hurt.

If you get into combat, the lack of the top self buffs is sorely felt though. :( If anything, I would drop staff to 29 and go 48 enh or 49, whichever it is. Would have to get a full respec to get the points out of parry though.

Not quite an answer to the original question but it seems to have been answered already anyway. I just like talking rejuv. :p

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom