calling all clerics!

B

Ba6yGirl

As I am a rej/enh cleric I have gained loadsa buffs - i would like a definitive list of which buffs i should give to which chars, instead of loading on as many as i can until i run outta con!!

so for example should i just give wizzies dex/qui? etc etc

Here is the list so please let me know which buffs i should ideally give to each....
Armsmen
Scout
Friar
Theurgist
Paladin
Wizard
Sorcerer
Minstrel
Mercenary
Cabalist
Infiltrators

Thanks for the help!!!!

M

madferrit

WELLLL!

As another reju/ehn cleric i'll give you my opinion (n.b everyone has thier own ideas btw so ...)

Firstly i make sure i have my own dex buffs (cast faster is important) and maybe conc, coz if i die everyone else in the party tends to if im the only healer :(

But rule of thumb i use is:

Casters: get Int/Dex buffs, not much point with anything else, as in 2-3 hits depending they are down, and shouldnt be meleeing anyways! If its a pet class, if any conc points left then buff pet obviously.

Fighters: Get Conc/Str/AF buffs. This depends on class, but thats what they seem to want first (then dex if any left)

Rogues: Dex/conc. Then anything left go with AF.

The spread the resists where applicable.

Well thats what i do :) and most party members seem to be happy with it.

N

-Nxs-

Necro's should get INT for the share and CON for the pet - thats what most like, especialy me

More damage
More ABS

O

old.Trine Aquavit

The best way to decide how to buff is to get a good understanding of what all the buff effects do. Then apply that to the situation/tactics/group you find yourself in. Also, remember that you want to balance buffing so that you use 20 buffs but don't have any conc left at the end. To do this you might have to use lower level double buffs. My cleric, druid and shaman have two full buff bars: one containing the best buffs I have in the line and the other containing the next best buffs.

Here are the effects of the cleric buffs:

STR - increases strength, which increases weaponskill for those using strength based weapons, increasing chance to hit and damage. Also increases the amount you can carry.

CON - increases hit points. The increase in hits is dependent on the class of the target. Pure tanks get approx 4 hps/CON, hybrids get 3.8, rogues/healers get 3.6 and cloth casters get 3.4 or thereabouts.

DEX - increases chance to block, chance to parry and chance to evade (with quickness). Also increases weaponskill for those using dex-based weapons, increasing chance to hit and damage.

QUI - increases swing speed (haste), increases chance to evade (with dexterity)

INT - increases the casting stat and damage for cloth casters only.

AF - increases AF, which decreases damage taken.

Which to use depends on the tactics. If you've got a secondary buffer (friar or lower enhance cleric) around ignore the baseline buffs and focus on the specced buffs:

If you're using standard mez/tank tactics then load up your main tank with pretty much everything (except INT) to allow him to keep aggro and take all the damage. Do the same for any dedicated 'peeler'. Put INT on your cloth casters and DEX & DEX/QUI or STR & STR/CON on the other meleers in the group (depending on class/weapon), working from highest level to lowest. Be prepared to move buffs around if more than one player is consistently getting hit. Dex for yourself should help, too.

For PBAE tactics things are slightly different. All the meleers that are taking aggro need to have defensive buffs (STR/CON & CON, DEX/QUI & DEX, AF). Put INT and DEX on your PBAE (and con too, if you can).

For RvR you want to put INT, DEX & DEX/QUI on your casters and STR/CON & STR or DEX/QUI & DEX buffs on your melee (depending on damage type) to increase damage output. Put DEX & DEX/QUI on yourself for cast speed. Put defensive buffs (CON, AF) on yourself and other vulnerable parties.

G

Graknak

as being a cleric myself with 35 enh, you can do the following before running out of conc at lvl 50:
Str/con and Dex/Qui on all tanks+yerself (taking in mind theres 6 tanks)
&
Dex/qui+Acuity on cloth casters (assuming there is at least one)
Single Dex&Con on yerself, nothing worse then a cleric dying with everyone loosing all buffs.

If the group is 7 tanks+cleric just do the same but loose the single Con buff on yerself.

If yer doing base single buffs (when theres 2 clerics with the other having slightly higher or the same Enh spec), just give all tanks str/con/dex and all casters con/dex. If lucky you should be able to give yerself Dex/qui and str/con with it aswell.

I normally only do shield buffs if pve-ing and the casters don't need any buffs.

The main reason i give myself 4 buffs even though the other has better enh is the fact that IF he dies you would loose his buffs and therefore casting slower, assuming the dex/qui got lost, which means slower heals, slower rezzes thus giving the group an even greater disadvantage besides already having 1 cleric less temporary.

B

Ba6yGirl

Just wanted to say thanks for ur replies - ima now officially a buffbabe!!!

F

Flesh

AF is bollocks, renewwal is bollocks, ignore these.
Main buffs are your str, dex and con base buffs (which have a grey background) and your spec dex/qui and str/con buffs (which have a green background)
As simple as possible:
Anything that melee's (I.e any tank) give base str,dex,con and str/con and dex/qui.
Anything that casts give base dex, spec dex/qui and int..then con if any conc left.

O

old.windforce

only cloth wearing casters use int

for the rest: Flesh is right

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by Flesh
AF is bollocks, renewwal is bollocks, ignore these.
While I'm no expert on renewal (which does look pretty gimpy), I disagree that AF is bollocks. A common misconception is that the AF buffs don't work at high levels, but they do - there is just a display bug which means that the correct AF does not show.

The AF buff will reduce damage taken, it's as simple as that. It's pretty viable to cast on someone taking a lot of damage. You're better off with an AF buff on a main tank than sticking a defensive buff (dex, dex/qui, con) on a secondary tank.

D

Danya

Spec AF is definitely not bollocks, it's a decent buff. Paladins like to whine about having it on even though they never bother with AF chant in RvR.

B

bob007

Buffs in order. (as i see it)
Armsmen: str/con, Base str, Base con, Dex/qui, Spec af, Base dex.
Scout: Dex/qui, Base dex, Str/con, Base con, Spec af, Base str.
Friar: str/con
Theurgist: Intell, Str/con, con, dex/qui, base dex, spec af,
Paladin: dex/qui, str/con, base str, Base dex, Base con. spec af.
Wizard: intel, dex/qui, base dex, str/con, Base con, spec af
Sorcerer: See wizard
Minstrel: Spec af, str/con, base con, base str, dex/qui, base dex. Unless thrust, Then i do. spec af, dex/qui. str/con, base dex, base con, base dex.
Mercenary, Str/con, base str, base con, dex/qui, spec af, base dex,
Cabalist: see wizard
Infiltrators: buy buffbot.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Spec AF is definitely not bollocks, it's a decent buff.
Hmm, is there any fundamental difference between the baseline and the specced AF buff?

A reasonably high (34+) enhance cleric would have access to the following (at level 50):

Baseline:

42 Aura of Deflection Friend 3.0s/0s/0s Rng: 1000 52 af 15 conc

Specced:

34 Holy Guard Friend 3.0s/0s/0s Rng: 1000 55 af 24 conc

On the face of it the baseline would be better because it gives onlt 3AF less but uses less than 2/3rds the conc points of the spec. I'm guessing that the specced version actually gives 125% delve effect? Is this the case, or are there other reasons why the spec buff is superior?

K

Khalen

Primairy:
Tanks: Base Con + Specc Con/Str
Casters/Healers: Base Con + Base Dex + Specc Con/Str + Specc Dex/Qui (+ Acuity)
Stealthers: Don't bother they got their own ;) (and if not place under tanks)

Secundary:
Tanks: Base Str + Base Dex + Specc Dex/Qui
Casters/Healers: Base AF + Specc AF
Stealthers: Same as tanks

Tertiary:
Tanks: Base AF + Specc AF + Regenerate
Casters/Healers: Regenerate + Base Str
Stealthers: Same as tanks.

G

Graknak

Spec AF will be in sync with your armour AF and it will give little +Af if yer armour is qua 99% or better and yer below RR5. As RR5 increases the cap and thus gives you more. At RR3 with qua 99%/MP armourparts i get exactly +1Af from the spec Af buff.

Users who are viewing this thread