Calling 50th slash tanks...

O

old.LandShark

How good is diamond slash, if you have it?
Say... compared to amethyst slash.
Would i benefit more from 44slash and extra parry (talking about a merc here) or 50slash and 11pts lower parry?

P

pitspawn

Well from what i gather its just amethyst slash with half the endurance cost.

But remember increasing slash is a good idea anyway because it increases the average damage you do per swing. So thats two reasons to get slash to 50 if your a S&B Armsman.

D

Danya

But he's not a s&b armsman, he's a merc (as stated). Also you can get 50 slash with items from 44 spec easily enough... :p

I

Insurrextion

afaik diamond slash costs more endurance than ammy slash but it has slightly more dmg and a higher chance to hit ... dmg wise it should do about 40% more than ammy slash (eg - if ammy slash was (+50), diamond would probably give (+70) or so) ^^

O

old.chipper

sorry i have it and i dont think its worth it, its maybe 20-40 extra dmg over amethyst slash and double the end used as a paladin and my low str cap maybe armsman gets more out of it but as a paladin it aint worth it

G

gunner440

best slash in the sense of end used : dmg output is the riposte, takes practice to pull off but when u do, u get a style which hits harder than amethysts for about half the end cost :)

B

bracken_woodman

Diamond slash can give between 35-45% more damage, for a little higher endurance cost, than amethyst. Personally I like it (sword/shield armsman).

O

old.Odysseus

a 29 slash spec gives way lower than a 44 one.
29+some items+rr = 75-100% spec
44+items+rr = 100-125% spec

those percentages are roughly the ones applied to the base damage in terms of variance, cant remember the specifics, but having a higher spec will in itself give a hell of a lot more damage.

Q

quinthar

Gunerr it takes no practise now, since they allowed queued styles.

All you need to do is to hit riposte then hit Amey slash per hit cycle.

If it can do a Riposte it will if not it does a amey slash :)

This was told to me a little while ago after I had mastered the riposte with all but my featherlight axe which I frequetly missed ripostes cuz its so fast.

with the axe never miss any ..

O

old.LandShark

even easier way to get riposte off....
have your styles on the hotbar like this:
1.befuddler
2.riposte
3.ame. slash
hit 1 2 3, will say
You Must perform the Riposte style before this one!
You prepare to perform Riposte!
You prepare to use ame as backup

Bleh.

Anyway, think I'll plan on 44slash then, with 50DW and 36parry.
Any slash mercs want to swap chars for a few days? ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom