Caledonia

E

Euzebio

Is Cale dead? I reckon about 75% of my time there is spent looking for someone to fight.

I saw the announcement of yet more BGs coming in Frontiers and you have to ask will there be anyone to fill em? I may be wrong but if they are ghost towns just now will there be any players to fill all the new ones?

Feel free to post yer thoughts folks:) :cheers:

Duze

Loyal Freddie
You have to remember that bg's are generally used by alts of people who already have level 50's. I dunno about the rest of you, but with my first character I went to bg1 because I was told to but once I was there I had no idea what to do, where to go and I couldnt' even tell the difference between a mid and a hib so I only went once. Didn't even bother with bg3 since I just wanted to be lvl 50 :p But on the whole I think people with their first characters probably don't fully understand how vital those rp's can be for buying passives, mcl etc. to help with levelling.
That said, the majority of those people are currently taking their mains thru the horror of ToA, although it does seem to be coming to some kind of an end now. People are slowly getting stuff done, getting templates completed and coming back to rvr, so I guess the bg's will get busier soon. Bg1 never got quiet, its a nice escape from the ToA grind, but bg3 alts got put on the shelf for a while so people could concentrate on their artis and ML's.

Naugi

Fledgling Freddie
Euzebio said:
I saw the announcement of yet more BGs coming in Frontiers and you have to ask will there be anyone to fill em? I may be wrong but if they are ghost towns just now will there be any players to fill all the new ones?
I'm hoping the new bgs dont end up like Caledonia (which sometimes is great fun) or the more extreme Abermenai where no one EVER goes (well, apart from a Firbolg I found there about 4 months ago, sure he was lost though).

I did hear that the new bgs will give you 8x the current exp for killing an enemy and are designed to be an alternative method of levelling. Hopefully that will encourage people to go. :)

I know I would rather kill Albs and Hibs with my Bronze Training Sword than repeatedly twak the same mob over and over.

Will be interesting to hear the conversations in the first battleground:

'How are you specced?'

'1 sword, 1 stealth, 1 venom ...' Hehe

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Well i for sure will go check the 1-4 bg sometimes. no real classes, no pets, no specc spells, no critmoves, no megabuffed geeks (well is 4 grey bases megabuffed?), just pure combat. And equipment wont cost that much either ;)
And if i then want reall classes and such to fool around with i would go bg 5-9, so i really hope there will b ppl there

Himse

FH is my second home
i think it would be nice for the 40-44 BG coz people have more spells etc and generally better fights coz of more hits, better weapons and so on ^^

lvl 1 Bg will be so fun ^^
will they change some of the specs in the first five lvls so rvr will be a bit easier?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
lvl 1-4 BG is a bit daft tbh, i seriously doubt many players will bother.

May as well go play a fps instead.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
did bg1, then accidently leveled to 28... then jumped to 42 on the other day, didnt have time for cale :<

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
1-4bg is gonna pwn! Seriously i've already got my MP leather lines up, all black with capped stats! I'm gonna Drawout people to death :D

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Woot gonna get ma magician out and do more dmg with ma staff :eek7:

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
brought my cabbie to Bg3 last night ... saw a SB .... he was just logging in
he stealthed , and i didn't see him again, and i stayed over 1 hour

giv enemies

Balthus

Fledgling Freddie
Wasnt a kobbie SB with lue hair,all black armour an a big red axe on his back was it,called Drazar.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Balthus said:
Wasnt a kobbie SB with lue hair,all black armour an a big red axe on his back was it,called Drazar.

nope was a smelly valken ... there was a lvl 31 pally running about too , but that was it :(

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
Leet people are already drawing up intricate spellcrafting templates for level 4 elementalists ;)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
BG3 rox imo :) cause its sorta the last step b4 u have to be all ToA'd BB'd and SC'd out the wazoo :p

/Dracus

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
They should nerf hib magicians actually cause we are the only one getting a root spell at lvl 3 and as far as I know with the Necro snare it's the only CC in the game...So mids start your whining as you got no CC spell at lvl 1-4...QQ :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
They should nerf hib magicians actually cause we are the only one getting a root spell at lvl 3 and as far as I know with the Necro snare it's the only CC in the game...So mids start your whining as you got no CC spell at lvl 1-4...QQ :p

root.. o i c.

keke ^^^^

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Aww its the mids who get the root...so hibs got nothing again...Mythic just hates us damn fckers!!11one

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Dracus said:
BG3 rox imo :) cause its sorta the last step b4 u have to be all ToA'd BB'd and SC'd out the wazoo :p

/Dracus

People are like that in BG1 m8 ....funny sight seeing a troll in full ToA gear @ lvl 24.

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Aww its the mids who get the root...so hibs got nothing again...Mythic just hates us damn fckers!!11one

don't they get a 3 sec stun? i c.

my bad, they get it at 5 :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom