Calculating dmg

O

old.chesnor

Abandon all hope of ever writing a 'small' program to calculate dmg in daoc. Go to uni, get a masters in advanced hyper-mathematics, buy a cray supercomputer and forget levelling your alts for a year or 2. Then you might just crack it.

A

Affri

Gee, thanks. You're really helpful.

Oh well, BW sucks...

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by Affri

Oh well, BW sucks...

Then you probably feel at home here:flame:

O

old.chesnor

Awww, sorry. That was my way of saying its nightmarishly complicated, and there is probably only one Mythic geek wearing a Star Trek T-Shirt and surrounded by empty pizza boxes who really knows.

Seriously if you want to find this info out, the VN boards are a much better place than this. We just post facetious smartass comments and flame each other here ;)

B

Belsameth

Oh well, BW sucks...

he's aqtually quite right. nobody exactly knows how damage is calculated. just that it's based on dps, qua of weapon, con of weapon, con of mob, modifier of str/dex/combination of both, damage type, (if RvR then qua, AF, Absorb of enemy armour) and probably a random number or 2 thrown into the mix just to make it confusing

A

Affri

Sorry guys, I guess I was just real tired since I just got home from rough day of hard studying.

Anyway, I won't post anything serious / just the slightest technical on BW again. Doesn't seem like the place to do it :)

B

Belsameth

lots ofhings we do know (even the technical details)
we just don't like to admit straight on when we don't. and make an attempt to be funny instead

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.chesnor
Seriously if you want to find this info out, the VN boards are a much better place than this. We just post facetious smartass comments and flame each other here ;)
Sounds just like VN.... ;)

Oops another facetious comment. :p

F

Flimgoblin

Sorry guys, I guess I was just real tired since I just got home from rough day of hard studying.

Anyway, I won't post anything serious / just the slightest technical on BW again. Doesn't seem like the place to do it :)

Could you tell me how the universe works please?

ok I'll now go strop when you don't answer it :p

The combat calculations are a bit less complex than that - but noone knows the variables, cept mibbe the guy that coded it... and the 6 week (or day as it applies to me) rule of code will apply - anything you've written 6 weeks ago might as well have been written by someone else.

P

PJS

Originally posted by Soulcatcher

he's aqtually quite right. nobody exactly knows how damage is calculated. just that it's based on dps, qua of weapon, con of weapon, con of mob, modifier of str/dex/combination of both, damage type, (if RvR then qua, AF, Absorb of enemy armour) and probably a random number or 2 thrown into the mix just to make it confusing

you forgot weapon spec points, I think its a simpler formula if you start with the WeapSkill instead and I think Ive seen on VN some attempts at formulas but Im not going to find it again in a hurry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom