Calculating costs...

A

Apathy

Since I am nearly LGM...I have a few questions. :p

People ask me things like "How much for a 99% qua ~whatever item~?" and I have to say "I have no idea.".

Because I have no idea.

How do I work out the cost of an item and so on, based on quality and retries and all that? I have the tradeskill spreadsheet but I have no clue how to use that other than to check the base price.

All help appreciated.

a.

K

Khalen

Premade 99%ers I usually do 2-3 retries with base cost
New made 99%ers with retries ofc :)

A

Apathy

Okay, none of the above is helping me. :eek:

All I want is to be able to give prices to people. So if someone messages me saying

"How much for a set of 99% AF102 boots?"

I can reply

"You supply me with as five cloth boots and it will cost you ~whatever amount~."

It's very confusing because I cannot work out how much things cost because all the calculators include the price of linings, which I do not make. It only works if *I* buy the linings and then I am still not sure.

I should point out that I cannot count and utterly useless with numbers and to date must have lost about 1 plat just through making things which I think are at "cost price" but are actually coming out of my own pocket.

a.

A

Apathy

Hold on...I've figured it out, I think.

Total Cost = Base Cost for 1 item + (Difference in base cost and merchant sale cost) x (Number of retries - 1).

Then add on whatever profit percentage?

This just took me FIVE MINUTES to work out. :( I suck.

a.

A

Apathy

The TROUBLE with the above formula is that I work out that 10 retries of AF102 plate gloves is 284 gold, plsu 150g on top of that for the linings, which equals 434g. HOWEVER! Every single trade calulator says it is around the 300g mark.

:/

a.

P

parlain

Ignore trade calculators as many of them have mistakes floating around them

Build your own-it's not hard given that you know what materials are invovled, how much they cost and how much the merchant pays you for them...

Besides you can put it on your Oxbridge appliaction as creative modelling of a financial application in a zero game theory driven economy ;)

A

Apathy

~wobbles around laughing~

I'm off to visit Oxford Uni this month. :) And the mature student residential weekend at Cambridge Uni is only a month away. A fully paid three days of hanging around pretending to be a character from "Educating Rita" - hurrah!

But enough...I will have to work out my own system, then. I just wanted to make sure I was charging exactly the lowest prices for guild members, was all. :(

(Though not so low that I'm actually the one paying for it.)

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom