Question Cairo

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Going Cairo for the weekend, any recommends for places to see?, things to do?

Aside from the usual pyramids and great museum

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bazaars are a fun experience, just keep your wallet'n'stuff safe.

Boatrides ofcourse.

Always should take the local bus rides if there are some.

That i can think of.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Have a good time there and remember to do some adventuring while at it. Just have a gps so you can punch in the coordinate of your hotel, then you wont have aaanything to worry about. Am a little bit jealous i must say.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
oo i didn't even think of that I could plug some maps into the tom tom, i was going to go old school and use maps ><

To be honest i find if you get lost just go to the main road and flag down a cab seems to work well too :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
just don't read from the book of the dead if you happen to stumble upon a juicy mummified evil priest; it might seem like a good idea at the time but you'll only regret it in the morning!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Check out the old quarter. Cairo was originally a Roman/Byzantine fort that controlled the crossing of the Nile in the few periods of the year that it was crossable. The old quarter contains 4th century Greek Orthodox churches and part of the fort substructure.

The Cairo museum is well worth a visit too, they have so much stuff you could spend a year in there and not see it all.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
visit Pyramids and if you can, go 1 day excursion to Alexandria.

NOTE: be carefull about the traffic.

People from Egypt and in general in Africa (and it's not a racism really - i work as a travel agent) have no idea about driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom