Caer Sidi Raid

A

**Aligro**

as i know everyone will be camping outside game/hmv/some other copyrighted named games store, all night waiting to get your hands on SI then rushing home to install it and phoning the boss to tell him that you are "sick" and can't com into work...

well i am planning a Caer sidi Raid on release day at 6P.M
if your guild is interested in joining this raid... dont hesitate to sign up

meeting places will be organised prior to release

T

Trinilim

Is that the new uber dungeon? if so, the final guy (some metal archangel looking guy) is as tough as legion :)

S

Sol-

k...
think ill wait for aussie to do one tbh.. he can organise stuff..

P

Pin

Originally posted by Trinilim
Is that the new uber dungeon? if so, the final guy (some metal archangel looking guy) is as tough as legion :)

Legion is a pussy compared to a lot that's in Sidi.

I'm sure SS will participate. I know many of us will have SI on release day.

Oh, and raids take upwards of 4 hours (unless you get wiped out quickly), so don't expect to go to bed early ;)

O

old.Fangrim

I did a raid there wednesday (beta testing). 3fgs, all lvl 50 (except a few)... We got in, killed a few mobs, but got beaten fairly hard :eek:) AFAIK we weren't even close to some of the tough mobs... Be prepared for a good fight and NICE cobwebs and shadow effects! It's gonna be a blast.

From what I've read Legion is a walk in the park compared to the boss mobs in Sidi...

B

Belomar

I've been to Caer Sidi with a zerg of 4+ fgs of level 50s on Gorre (and these were balanced groups, mind you, with earth theurgists, rejuv clerics, and PBAoE wizzies), and it is not easy. Amazing place to get to, you ascend around the side of the island on a ledge with a cliff wall on one side and a huge drop on the other, and the interior of the dungeon is very cool. We didn't manage to penetrate very deep before we got owned, quite badly, by the lord of the crypt (at some level, dunno exact location). When we did, everyone spent around 5 minutes just admiring the moving real-time shadows within the crypt. ;)

D

Draylor

Sure Pin, but 4 hours for what frequently seems to be 20+ 100% quality lvl51 items compared to how long for the 4 items from Legion/dragon? Sounds good to me.

Its worth remembering that the initial version of these zones seems to be rather buggy - 1.58 and 1.59 both contain a number of fixes to drop rates, difficulty of the various mobs, the stats on the item drops, etc. Doubt its worth rushing to do it on day 1 so that you can be first to find the bugs ;)

B

belth

Gonna be fun when fighting the mob that IPs if anyone else but a cleric hits him :p Bet that's gonna cause a bucketload of wipeouts :D

Y

yog-hurt

Originally posted by Sol-
k...

what Sol said.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Draylor
Sure Pin, but 4 hours for what frequently seems to be 20+ 100% quality lvl51 items compared to how long for the 4 items from Legion/dragon? Sounds good to me.

I'tll probably be more like 8 hours for us though, cos no one will know where anything is, etc.

Lets hope that enough people get the expansion on release day though. Gonna need a zerg.

Y

yog-hurt

Originally posted by Pin

I'tll probably be more like 8 hours for us though, cos no one will know where anything is, etc.

Lets hope that enough people get the expansion on release day though. Gonna need a zerg.

yup, and we know what happens when Zerg....espeacially that size......

....ZONE CRASH!

O

old.Ramas

Sounds like a good idea to me - after all, I'll be damned if I'll be spending the day 1 of SI levelling a level 1 fish creature.

Alb Fish-people : Just say no. :eek6:

That said Aligro it might be wise to find a raid leader who's been inside Sidi before, either on EU beta, or the US servers, or at the very least reassure us you have deatiled instructions on routes and maps; and therefore know somewhat critical things like - which mob it is that only clerics can hit and so on. :)

S

stupidshady

well if I can I'll prob be there with some guildies, might be fun, hope we get some nice stuff on our first try ( altough I rly doubt it :) )

A

**Aligro**

Originally posted by Sol-
k...

that's kind init..

i know where it is and i have a fairly good understanding to the numbers required there and also the concept of certain damage only attacks.. e.g mincer shout only. or......... a scout has to piss on him from behind etc....

all in all.... need loads of people to come.. loads and if so.. tactics out the window and then just zerg.... except on those where they regain to slash etc...

this raid will be on the day of the U.K release... so what is it... the 19th?

/edit also the time will have to be brought forward to say 12 ish

V

Vorcyn

/edit also the time will have to be brought forward to say 12 ish

You've got high hopes if you think the servers are going to be patched, up and running and bug free, and that your going to have enough people online with the patch downloaded (I assume some files will need to be downloaded) for 12pm :p

O

old.Wildfire

erm how do u get onto the GOA beta testing team thingy? :(

A

Aule Valar

well i'l be on, but i think i may be gurgling, and running around jumping for joy too much at the new graphics to take part in any sort of raid

J

Jiggs

oh yeah the bladturn bubble is a bit more shiny too

:cool:

A

**Aligro**

i dint quit.. that was sum h4xx04 trying to be me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom