Cabbys Pets

P

pez

Got togethor a focus pulling group of cabby/sorc/wiz/cleric and its going pretty well, we're only at 11 atm but we're getting the hang of it. The one thing we don't agree on is the pet. Atm we have only the choice between amber and ruby. Some say ruby is better cos it pull and only gets two where some think its better to pull with amber and get 4 or whatever but it can take the dmg better so its ok.

Question is do all cabby pets take dmg the same, are some better tanks than others, i would assume they are. Could someone please be kind enough to give me a brief run down on all the cabby pets their relative strengths and weaknesses?

O

old.Sepiritz

Amber has tank hp and a hp/con buff and procs stun...

Ruby has caster hp and casts spells that can be interrupted by melee.

Sapphire, Emerald and Jade also have tank hp, but Amber is the only one with the hp/con buff and has more hp and can take a heavier beating then the rest.
Thats why matter cabbies uses Amber simu to pull gobbos. :)

S

Sibanac

Amber is good has stun and self con buff.
But when you have a cleric amber is realy more a pain, since it is still buggy and tends to warp

Spahire is the all round pet, does most dmg, and has a lifedrain proc that goes off oftent but gets resisted on orange con and a bove

jade is crap

Ruby is ok in certain situation but hasnt impressed me much

O

old.Zeikerd

Emerald is used most in Focus pull grps because it has an higher absorb and clerics can give it a con buff on top of that.

A

ammobors

Amber best by far when 50 u can do epic mobs in barfog with some good healers there :)

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by ammobors
Amber best by far when 50 u can do epic mobs in barfog with some good healers there :)

dont know if amber is best for that actually, emerald might be better with more absorb etc

i used amber each time i killed the epics, but since im spirit now i cant test with emerald, anyone that care to test that? =)

T

Tranquil-

Simulacrum needs a big fat Tab'Fren between the eyes. :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom