cabalists pls read

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
46 spirit / 28 body (4 matter)
or
50 body / rest in spirit

I use the 46 spirit spec now and its very nice but would i deal out more damage with full body spec (but use basline lifedrain since its L50 spell) ?

the body debuff with spirit spec is mighty good tho..

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
41 matter 35 body 3 spirit is a nice spec, best nearsight, 2nd best ae disease, decent nuke power still.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
In my opinion, Spirit is the most viable Cabalist spec at the moment. Anything less than the 50% body debuff will just lower your DPS. Matter is a completely gimped specline for Cabalists now -- DoTs are useless for anything else than keep warfare, healing fields will soon reduce DoT damage to nearly zero, and nearsight is soon curable (and does nothing against spreadhealing classes). If you would go Body, I don't see why you would take it above 45 for the last lifetap? (Admittedly, I am not well-versed in the Body specline.)

So, all in all, 46 spirit and 28 body is the way to go.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
50 spirit? This spec might be good for PvE (if you lack a buffbot), but useless for RvR. Any RvR-active Spirit Cabalist should either spec spirit to 46 (for the last body debuff) or 47 (for last spirit debuff) and put the rest of their specpoints in body. There is nothing worthwhile for RvR above 47 -- the last AoE snare at 48 is quite useless (40% breakable speed reduction when you should rather be diseasing), the last energy debuff at 49 is only useful on PvP/Coop servers since Albion has no damage spells on the energy table, and the last pet str/con buff at 50 is not going to help you much in RvR (pets are for interrupting support and recycling power, nothing else). It is far more important to pump points into body to lower the variance on your baseline lifetap -- with the new level 50 LT and the resistance debuff nerf, you need high body to hit as close to the cap as possible.

Finally, with 50 spirit you will not have enough specpoints left to get the level 24 AoE disease with 300 radius, but will have to settle for the 15 body spec one with higher resist rate and 250 radius.

Conclusion? 50 spirit is a gimp spec for RvR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom