Cabalist Spec and Race

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I'm thinking of starting a Cabalist but not sure what race + stats to go for.

Is speed more important than damage?

Also whats a good spec to start with (I'm a noob so starting at lvl 1) and whats a good spec to end with for RvR.

Is a Cabalist OK for RvR?

Cheers

Race: Inconnu or Saracen
Stats: dex dex dex.. did i mention dex? i usually put 15pts into dex at start.
spec for quickest route to 20 = Full spirit
Best RvR spec? = 46 Spirit 28 Body = 50%body debuff and nice nukes.. this will most likely change in NF tho.

fun to RvR? well depends, if your trailing a pet around they usually go for you first since they know you can dish out nice dmg... but aye had some great wtfpwn moments.

Cast speed or dmg? well its horses for courses really, do you want fast nukes hitting hard? or hard hitting slow nukes? heh guess it makes itself clear there, speed pwns all.. and you dont need to sacrifice dmg output to get it.. esp with items like traldors resist pierce buff.. traldors gives you 5% cast speed off the bat at lvl 0.. so makes it easy to cap cast speed using that...

personally if i were still playing my cabbie id go for AOE DOT spammage in NF ..

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Some advice for those new to this forum:

Generally ignore anything Elewyth posts on any subject.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Some further advice for those new to this forum:

Generally Pin is always correct on any subject.

;)

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
personally if i were still playing my cabbie id go for AOE DOT spammage in NF ..
AOE dot in NF is mostly negated by healfonts and spreadheals. It's a nice RP-farming tool for solo cabbies though.

However, the tri-spec seems popular among high RR cabbies in US atm.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
Choose inconnu for the favourable caster stats and the extra racial resists SI races have, but don't follow the 15 dex fotm zerg.

It's a waste of points. put 10 in con/dex/int.

Yes 15 dex might be fotm, but 10 con gives you what? 10-20 more hits?

saracen 15 dex (or 16 dex if you're mushy ;p)

Thought you could put 18 at start? So why 16 if you're mushy? :)

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Tharion said:
Yes 15 dex might be fotm, but 10 con gives you what? 10-20 more hits?

10 con is closer to 40 hits for a caster.

It's never a good thing to put all your eggs into 1 basket. You would sacrifice 40 hits for 5 dex, which imo is a waste on a mage class with an already high dex race.

Don't ask me for hard numbers (i'll leave that to Pin), but i believe a max buffed inconnu sorc/caba already casts fairly close to the 40% spell haste hardcap (which is 1 second for Lifetaps). And since lifetaps return HP back to the caster it's wise to have as much HP as you can.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
10 con is closer to 40 hits for a caster.

Pretty sure I've seen ppl say 1con = 1-2hits on a caster, and tanks get like 4-5hits / con.
Not saying I'm right, but thats what I've heard.

Summon Pin! :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Tharion said:

dunno ;p then 18 if you're mushy, im not sure i would tho, you can still get 7 con or int with 16 dex if you like, but 3 pts for a return of 1 is probably a waste (heard it isn't for bards because then they can hit the 38x dex and theres some breakpoint there or something just as stupid ;P)

Pin said:
Some advice for those new to this forum:

Generally ignore anything Elewyth posts on any subject.

this is a good lesson in how to pwn yourself by pin...

i said 10-15dex - everyone agreed
i said inconnu or saracen - everyone agreed
i said aoe dot for solo farmage - someone agreed
i offered 3 specs.. the most popular.. was agreed on.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
But then, Pins advice to ignore your postings on any subjects doesn´t imply that the content of your post was incorrect.

:p

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
this is a good lesson in how to pwn yourself
Pin said you should be ignored: noone disagreed.

Point proven

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
AOE Dot, while somewhat negated by Heal Fonts, is a great tool for instilling panic, interrupting casters and generally causing mayhem. Its a pain the ass if you break mezz with it, so use it wisely. Very handy for fights at milegates and keeps though.

Then, of course, there is the mighty nearsight you get from Matter spec. Easily the most annoying spell in the game, use it to make enemy casters and archers really hate you. Very handy for keeptakes.

Matter cabbies don't seem to be that common in RvR at the moment, so while they might not be as massively effective as a spirit/body body/spirit spec, often giving the enemy something they don't expect is enough to give you the edge.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
As Methos said. Inconnu is the best alb caster race stat-wise, and 10 int/dex/con is the best choice of points-spread.
Saracen is fine, but I wouldn't go nuts on dex - you'll still hit the castspeed cap around 400dex in NF. And (like he also said), putting all your eggs in one basket is generally bad as you're wasting something (and more prone to being affected by Mythic 'tweaking' something).

e.g. Going Saracen with 15dex, 10int (instead of Inconnu 10/10/10), you drop 20con (56hp at lvl 50), 10int (or ~3% damage and ~5% powerpool at lvl 50) and 5% spirit resist. You gain 15dex. Up to you.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
did u read the thread?
Your post? Hell no. Im still recovering from the fit of laughter your 'dex doesnt affect cast times' and 'lifetaps are 3second cast time' bullshit posts caused.

Clipz

Fledgling Freddie
Thx everyone for your responses.

I'm going Inconnu 10/10/10 with full spirit spec till lvl 20 :)

Cheers

Draylor said:
Your post? Hell no. Im still recovering from the fit of laughter your 'dex doesnt affect cast times'

please link to this? no.... whats that? you cant? didnt think so..

seems the only one spouting bullshit round here is you.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
please link to this? no.... whats that? you cant? didnt think so..

seems the only one spouting bullshit round here is you.

its impossible for someone to post a link to something mid-way through your post, that u havent yet posted. :(

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
im small saracen, 15dex 10int, 44 atm, final spec gonna be 46s/25b/11m, happy with it.

Aussie

Banned
inconnu 18dex 1 int. imo :m00
2 less dex vs small,+1int and extra 5% racial resists

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
please link to this?
There isnt enough space on this forum to link to all of your moronic posts in the last few weeks ;)

Give it up while your losing ...

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Give it up while your losing ...

Only losers in this thread are the ones who started flaming Elewyth for no good reason.

None of what has been to him in this thread was called for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom