Cabalist RvR spec question

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
What spec would be better in RvR, asking because I heard different things from alot of people so just looking for clarification(sp?):

46 Spirit 11 Matter 25 Body

Or

33 Spirit 25 Matter 34 Body

Also, what level of Mastery of Focus should I take as with tri spec you would get resisted alot or not?
Thanks in advance ;)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
The trispec you mentioned are only viable at RR6+. I would recommend going the spirit spec at first. I recently went trispec myself, and hardly notice any difference in the debuff (Resistance that is).
Good luck :)

Enemydotkill

Fledgling Freddie
hi,

im a rr3 cabby and went 34 body, 33 spirit and 25 matter with MoF3 - was ok. MoF3 is alot of points at this rr and didnt alow me to get MoC. nuking for bout 400ish.

fecked up a respec by doing it half asleep :twak: so ended up goin the 46 spirit, 25 body, 11 matter line. i now have MoF2, MoC2 and nuke for bout 450 - 600 with debuff. gonna stay this spec for a bit.

regards.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I'm respecing to 41 body 33 spirit rest matter atm. Is it worth to have over 50 in body though? i.e as in 41+16.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
3 spec is for rr6 and above.

As for body Aika you want as much as posible for higher dmg, always have the 11 in template

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
If you're going for groups, I'd be sure to get decent nearsight and disease, as that's what I like to see when I get a caba in the group. It might somehow gimp damage at low rr, but doing well in groups you should get past that in no time :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be specing out of matter soon, no way I'd give up that nearsight ever though! Personally think it's the most powerful tool a cabbie has.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Yes but my question was if body spec works like Wyrdd for melee. i.e if you have 51 combined body you cap your dmg. Not sure about it

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Not quite sure, but power usage is definitely lower. I'm already past RR7 myself, so it would take a lot not to do good damage anyway.
The only sure way to find out, is simply testing, testing and doing more testing.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
aika said:
Yes but my question was if body spec works like Wyrdd for melee. i.e if you have 51 combined body you cap your dmg. Not sure about it

It doesn't.
Wyrd only works because you arn't acutally using that line for damage, only for variance.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
aika said:
As far as I know (which isn't a lot), you get less variance in damage when having a total of 51 (or 50, forgot) in body. I could be wrong tho :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
Wyrd's theory only works in terms of melee

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I tried tri spec on my cabby didn`t like the damage reduction. Good if you have 2 cabby`s in group so you get decent nukes and decent nearsight..but how many groups have 2 cabbys?

Littles

Loyal Freddie
I done a bit of reading into this myself as im probably gonna try body on my sorc for a while. From what i gather the more body you have the more damage you do however after modified 50 body the bonuses are diminished.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
So other than tri-specing what other options do cabbies have in RvR. i've been running about on mine as a matter cabbie (50 matter 20 body), good fun but obviously far less damage than some other specs.

I'll respec once my arti's are all level 10 and I have ml9 (on sunday woohoo!)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
tbh, with high cast speed you don't really need damage. If your nuking for 400~ with the debuff and 380+dex with 10% cs your looking to take anything out.

Tri spec is good mostly in fg action, NS disease and then you start nuking. By which time if you havn't been interupted your gonna kill the group without your help.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Btw, David. Gib your acc so I can abuse your cabby !

Case

Fledgling Freddie
46 spirit gives 50% debuff and thats extra 20% debuff makes a world more difference than capping body at 50 ever will.

47 spirit if you run with a wind theurg often as it gives the 50% spirit debuff though tbh not many mids or hibs seem to have anywhere near 50% resists so seems a waste. Also you lose grey con nearsight which is a useful tool against archers and other casters.

If you go tri spec you have a 30% body debuff which is going to effectively mean IF your debuff sticks mids or hibs will more than likely have at least 20%+ resists still.

Depends whether you want utility or hitting power. Also the pet damage, haste and speed buffs on an ML9's pet are not to be underestimated. At 46 spirit your pet buffs give your pet best haste and damage and it moves at just under mach5 handy against lag straffing bards and druids. (mine fully buffed ML9`d hits for 450-600 usually.)

Tzare

Loyal Freddie
As many alb groups runs with thugs in group, a caba got more important roles then to be interupting since both the sorc and thug is taking care of that. In many situations its gonna be the caba thats MA with debuffs spirit/body depending on the thugs playstyle.

In that case i´d go 46 spirit and either 28/25 body <13matter>, but due to ressists on the low level nearsight, unless your willing to spend your realm points on MoF, i´d say 46/28 as a lower RR MA/dmg dealing caba. One of the other reason is whats already mentioned, pet buffs, its not always cleric got conc for the extra buffs.

Theres many ways to play a caba, it all really comes down to what other classes your planing to group with.

Running with another caba whos MA in group, 45 body 29 matter 6 spirit is pretty nice, then you have atleast one nearsighter/red aoe disease, but my vote still goes to 46 spirit 28 body.

thats just my opinion...

reguards Tze

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I'm only 4L8 atm and trispecced and I love it. Dunno why they say you have to be rr 6 for it, I do just fine.

You have to balance it out, let your pet do some work too. And when debuff sticks you nuke pretty hard.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
I'm only 4L8 atm and trispecced and I love it. Dunno why they say you have to be rr 6 for it, I do just fine.

You need MOF3, which is a whole RR worth of points.

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, trispec need mofIII. Trispec is good but you'll take a nuke or two more vs good groups with 50% - 30% debuff difference. Against pugs maybe it doesnt matter so much. I like the blue nearsight/yellow disease myself but its down to playstyle in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom