caba help

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
im currently lvling a caba and i specd it full matter, im told this is best farming spec, but i cant even kill an orange lol, givf help!!!
this is how i pull

Emmy pet

Str debuff, set pet on it, let it hit mob a few times, both dots, focus sheild, pet dies, i die

lol teach me how to be uber caba ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm
Cast Sapphire pet
Cast pet buffs
Cast Focus Damage Shield
Send pet at red con mob
Watch mob die before pet does
Heal/recycle pet and repeat

Focus shield doesn't bring any agro to you, so cast it ASAP
it should be strong enough to kill whatevers on your pet

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
As long as you don't have a buffbot, you'll find spirit better for farming. Strength of farming with a matter cabalist lies in con buffs affecting absorb of pet. Otherwise bubble's tips should help you :)

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
i have found out the hard way, that matter is harder without buffs, if im buffd i can farm oranges alot, but unbuffd i suck lol

as for saph pets, to me it falls too quickly, but then thats the reason for this post :) :)

ok will try later and report back :) :)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
If hes unbuffed, maybe try a Amber since since it has a self con buff.

i always use Sapphires because of the DD lifetap

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah the con buff rocks if you dont have a buffbot. Get 25% buff gear if you're spirit spec, helps a lot ^^

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Matter spec lets see way back from the mists of time..

2 ways I levelled.. find a big camp of blue cons salisbury plans broken bridge or skele camp behind is good

send bob in soon as all the mobs are grouped ae dot and bob nearly dead..turn run away turn camera wait untill 4th tick of dot /face ae dot
turn run away turn camera wait untill mobs are maybe 20% life /face ae dot

then its /gu OMFG i just made 3 bubs xp in 1 pull guys nerf me!111

or ...

find a camp of orange cons with decent camp bonus broken bridge salisbury good for this.. plant both spec dots on mob run away...
after 4th tick /face double dot sprint away mob dies and no chance you'll ever die

whichever works for you but without buffbot I always found amber best as the stun and high con helped me out loads when I should have died

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Or dot and run in circles around ruby.

Asysh_pryd

Fledgling Freddie
You should certainly use the sapphire pet for farming. (emerald is a tad better for ultra mobs because it never lands its lt and the emmy one has higher abs of its own).

Basically as bubble says, slap on the focus shield and send in the pet - then just stand there and watch. (you may want to invest in a yo-yo).

If you feel the urge to cast spells (including a heal on the pet), wait untill the mob is on at *least* 50-60% health, or there will be complications.

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
I've been levelling a matter cabby for a few weeks, unbuffed and mostly solo, hit level 40 last week.

For org mobs its pretty much as said above, but the (Sapphire) pet's health is usually battered by the end so recycling pets is needed. Use Amber to recycle as it has higher HPs so gives more mana back, and us a staff with spirit focus above your level to drain less of your mana. To be safe sometimes I bung a heal in then recast focus if the pet's health is going down faster than the mobs. I don't use DoTs at the start as they often cause aggro. Either wait till mob is at about 80% health then move (to break focus with no loss in cast time), DoT, refocus or use DoTs near the end to finish the mob off.

Or, as mentioned above, use the Ruby pet. This works well outdoors, not in dungeons. Cast Near Sight if mob is far away, then both DoTs and a debuff (set pet to attack somewhere in that routine) then run! Your DoTs have the aggro so by running you allow the pet to chain cast his Fire spells, then circle so mob stays in pet's range. Keep running till the mob is dead. Zig-zag pattern works too, though be careful of getting out of range. If mob takes a while to die your pet will probably have aggro by then, so recast DoTs and/ or DD the mob. I found this method of pulling had less downtime than using the Sapphire.

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
As long as you don't have a buffbot, you'll find spirit better for farming.

Oooor.. You *could* consider grouping with a played cleric if such can be found omg :eek2:

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Dont wanna sound smart or anything, but after you cast focus shield, you are standing still doing nothing else right?

Case

Fledgling Freddie
For farming I never found focus shield to be mana effective it's only really good as part of a proper focus group killing epic mobs otherwise way faster and cost efficient to dot and dd

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
If hes farming with a bot, focusing 15 red cons is the way to go
You use up your mana etc but ding very fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom