C&H is better than CTF? :)

S

Scouse

That's what I think anyway.

CTF in T1 was the best for me - but in T2 I find C&H just miles more rewarding.

You can make more of a difference on pubbies (before the proper matches start) and the maps are FAR better than any of the CTF ones.

Just my £0.02.

What do you lot think? :)

O

old.Cpl_Custard

Dunno, i have played CnH a bit but i still play CTF more, mainly because the buzz of running off with the flag is awsome. I prefere CTF, but CnH is still VERY fun. Good laff to play with your friends. The one gametype i don't like much but thought i would is seige. Play it sometimes but it doesn't feel like the team is working together, when i said "all rush together everyone qued up outside the base and we all rushed. But most games everyone is just constantly attacking and it feels more like Q3TDM.

O

old.Chicane-UK

Hi there.. new to these forums :)

Yeah - I got Tribes 2 about a week ago, and all I have played is C&H - its pretty damn good. Been dialed into Barrysworld near enough all week :)

O

old.Ewan

Cnh is very good fun, but for me the thrill of legging it over a hill with the flag on your back being chased by half a dozen enemies is unbeatable :)

Ewan

S

Scouse

The reason I like CnH is that the teamwork on CTF games just isn't up to scratch yet.

You've still got people jumping into vehicles and flying around on bombing runs - but not doing anything that's actually usefull (like Gen or even Flag defence/destruction of NME turrets etc...).

CnH is better in T2 because you (IMO) because you HAVE to attack as a team, and once you've got your objective you either stay and defend as best you can (satchel charges AHOY ;) or you move on to attack your next objective.

In CTF you tend to do only the one job - because if you leave it (eg. go attack, leaving flag defence) then it's a pain in the ass trying to get someone to cover for you - and you end up with your flag in NME hands.

CnH in T2 also adds quite a lot of incentive to work hard - because you've got the indicators of all the objectives - either Red or Green triangles - and you can see as well as feel exactly what's going wrong at all times :)

K

*Kornholio*

Hmmm... sounds cool, i haven't tried that mode of play yet, but will tonight :)

O

old.zach

Hopefully these people will be re-captured before they can do any harm to themselves or others. :)

[cF]NeaRly

K

*Kornholio*

different strokes for different folks m8 :p

O

old.Mjr tOm

its a close call but ctf just gets the vote for me. in c&h it seems that the quickest off the mark who gets to the bases quickest or gets 3 bases when the other team only gets 1 from the start invariably wins.

its good fun but i seem to spend alot of time travellin from either spawn to base / base to base. id like to see the bases just a bit closer together maybe.

O

old.sport585

I think that there is nothing like playing a good game of ctf, sorry. I really love the games when they are properly organized.

G

granny

Well I'm a die-hard CTF player but I have to admit I really enjoy CnH too, have done ever since Tribes1, it's a great game :)

CTF has that mad adrenaline flag rush true, and that's missing somewhat in CnH but CnH works very well on public servers - less of a "glory-hunters" game imo.

/GrannY

D

Deathace

Dont forget D&D i played it on a server for 20 mins the other day with the new bots released and i must say im mighty impressed. Takes Siege to another level and well worth trying
check out the gametype running in the list nearest server was 150 ping on DSL but well worth the fun

Russ

O

old.Mote\/

I'm not sure which one I prefer, it seems to change daily, one day I'll get home from work in the mood for C&H and the next night I'll be in the mood for CTF and the next in the mood for siege but dont get many good games of siege due to a lack of servers :((

One of the good (or possibly bad) features of C&H is that the winner is more indicative of the better skilled team IMHO, wheres in CTF you can get a greatly skilled team but 25% of the team is not being utilised effectivly (i.e. to many people on defense, or too many people sniping etc.) and like in football, wheres one team can easily be strongest having the most possesions of the ball, it is the team that happens to get the most goal that wins. C&H though being all about possesion takes away a lot of that problem.

Also I experience quite a lot more teamwork on C&H servers, although I think CTF has the greater potential for teamplay there are to many lone gunmen and glory hunters who still like to try get the flag without using teamwork.

S

Scouse

I agree that there's better cooperation on the CnH servers - but I also reckon that there's actually MORE scope to do good work on CnH than CTF.

You can take and hold a single objective by yourself on CnH and keep it for the hold game. If you get a map where holding a certain objective is Key to the map (like the snow map with the central tower + i-station) you can still change the face of the game like in CTF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom