c&c generals

O

old.Xarr

played it for the past few hours. completed the 'us of a' scenario. graphics are super purdy, all the details and whatnot. so pretty. if you're a fan of the past c&c games or the rts genre in general (ahaha pun, get it?) i think you're gonna lub this one. so much beatiful mayhem and destruction :)

E

El_Coolio

Thats it!!

Soul has it now Xarr!!!

Givf ftp!!

Please...

B

Belsameth

Finished it this weekend
tho very good, and mostly very pretty, it does miss the rich storyline of the previous C&C titles.
most battles are fought in cities (great fun!) where the pathfinding doesn't always cope. still, truly a supurb title. well worth a buy once it hits the shelves!

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by El_Coolio
Thats it!!

Soul has it now Xarr!!!

Givf ftp!!

Please...

Yes! Give FTP haha. But not one where you have to upload first as NTl broadband upload sucks :p

Took me 1.5 hours to upload one mp3 on 600k :D

O

old.Xarr

i'm afraid our ftp located on uni campus is behind a nasty firewall, so noone outside the uni network can access it.

sucks balls =/

K

kr0n

I didn't like it at all.

The graphics reminded me too much of Tiberian Sun, which were awful. The overall layout of different bars and so on was horrid, different styles everywhere.

Rich storyline in previous C&Cs ? :D

Dont get me wrong here, I enjoyed Red Alert and those but RTSs never had any REAL story. Usually its just "Yanks vs CCCP" or "GDI(Read: Yanks) vs NOD(Read:CCCP)", with fuzzy storylines on single missions. And way too often you just click-click the videoscenes away.

Tho, some aspects in the game were a bit of a surprise. The units have nifty abilities and alot of little things to change the course of a fight.

I might try it out a bit more later. Im dissing RTSs in general, not this one perticular. A great game in its genre.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by kr0n
Rich storyline in previous C&Cs ? :D

ok, ok. rich storyline is maybe stretching it a bit.
but compared to C&C generals, all previous installments where a novell.

and graphics reminding you of Tiberium sun?
can't run it on full detail?
personally I was blown away. the technicals even leap over small humps in the road. amazing....

N

Neural Network

The best C&C I ever played was an “expansion” a guy had made for the first Red Alert game. He had hade made over 40 new single player missions with a great story line. It was supposed to tell the story between Red Alert and Command & Conquer: Tiberium Dawn, where you were playing a terrorist group known as The Flame Dancers. Those missions were awesome. Some with three or more factions fighting each other. Also he made so you got some of the units and buildings from Tiberium Dawn to use, along with others he had made himself. (A prototype Mammoth with a double rail gun.)
Two missions I remember:
I one you were taking a single flame tank on a test-drive to wipe out a village in the middle of a raging battle.
In another you had to blast down walls to release some ore, which then started to spread with enormous speed.
And it was all-free to download and play. I think he made it to show his programming skills so he could get a job.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Soulcatcher

ok, ok. rich storyline is maybe stretching it a bit.
but compared to C&C generals, all previous installments where a novell.

and graphics reminding you of Tiberium sun?
can't run it on full detail?
personally I was blown away. the technicals even leap over small humps in the road. amazing....

Well the animation was a bit funny... Saw those guys flying out of vehicles when they exploded? Looked more lik crash test dummies than human beings.

B

Belsameth

it's not an unreal style death animation. but it does fairly well for the genre. more then that even

shame the AI besides is pretty crap.

K

kr0n

Guess...

Like I said, probably best in genre but I just dont like RTSs anymore :) In LANs theyre much fun. Except my noob friends never want to play against each other, always against AIs :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom