Bye Bye MJ and Mythic..?

Everz

FH is my second home
Mythic and BioWare Form New RPG/MMO Group
Posted By: Mythic Entertainment 2009-06-24 11:20:54

Today we have important news to share with the community. EA is restructuring its RPG and MMO games development into a new group that includes both Mythic and BioWare. This newly formed team will be led by Ray Muzyka, co-founder and General Manager of BioWare. With this change, Ray becomes Group General Manager of the new RPG/MMO studio group. BioWare’s other co-founder, Greg Zeschuk will become Group Creative Officer for the new RPG/MMO studio group. Rob Denton will step up as General Manager of Mythic and report to Ray. BioWare’s studios remain unchanged and continue to report to Ray.

Mark Jacobs, current General Manager of Mythic will leave EA on June 23, 2009. We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward. Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR.

Mythic retains a strong team led by Rob who co-founded Mythic in 1995. Rob played a critical role in the development of Dark Age of Camelot. In his previous role as COO, he was responsible for all day-to-day management of the studio including all development, operations, and support.

Please join us in celebrating the union of these two award-winning studios

EDIT : Meant to say Bye Bye MJ and Hellloo Better Mythic.. qq

Zede

Part of the furniture
wonderful news !

lets face it, WAR was joke - long live Daoc !

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Best news possible for WAR really.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
lets face it, WAR was joke - long live Daoc !

Yep. So many of the things that made DAoC good either dumbed down or left out completely. Somebody made a design decision to replicate WoW, somehow missing the blindingly obvious that people who like WoW will play WoW and those of us that hated WoW and missed DAoC were hardly likely to play their shitfest of a game for long.

Everz

FH is my second home
WAR might actually become the DAOC 2 it was meant to be :D.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
More than the "departure" of Mark and relegating ex Mythic Heads to secondary positions, it's the Bioware injection that kinda gives me some hopes back.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
More than the "departure" of Mark and relegating ex Mythic Heads to secondary positions, it's the Bioware injection that kinda gives me some hopes back.

On a second thought, gotta have to see if it isn't 1st move to shut it down and move Mythic ppl to SWToR :p

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
On a second thought, gotta have to see if it isn't 1st move to shut it down and move Mythic ppl to SWToR :p

Maybe the SWTor will have good pvp then if they bring the people we were designing Daoc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
WAR might actually become the DAOC 2 it was meant to be :D.

but it WAS never meant to be daoc 2. Mythic has stated time after time after time for about 7 years now that there will never, EVER be a daoc 2.

and just because some elements in WAR is copied from daoc doesent make this game daoc 2.

if they wanted to make a daoc 2 they would call it daoc 2, not warhammer online.

its not gonna happen, accept and move on. :)

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Highly lol. I particularly like the way his departure got announced the day after he left.

It will be interesting to see what the Bioware people do with DAoC. WAR is what it is: a sort of glorious shit-fest which is fun in small doses but doesn't inspire the same kind of allegiance as DAoC.

Everz

FH is my second home
but it WAS never meant to be daoc 2. Mythic has stated time after time after time for about 7 years now that there will never, EVER be a daoc 2.

and just because some elements in WAR is copied from daoc doesent make this game daoc 2.

if they wanted to make a daoc 2 they would call it daoc 2, not warhammer online.

its not gonna happen, accept and move on. :)

Why, it should have been taking the winning rvr formula from DAOC and used that, hence 'daoc 2.0'.. theres a reason why it has been an epic flop.

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Wonderful news! Fuck you Mark Jacobs, for ever making new frontiers for daoc - you ruined the game you BOUGHT off indie developers.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Hopefully they forget about WAR completely and focus their attempts on a new MMO which might actually be fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom