BWCSL format for the new season

G

Grimmy

Right, we have come up with a preliminary structure. Please read it carefully and then if you have any views good or bad on it. Feel free to post them here, or email me directly... I'd rather you posted them here though :)

There will be 48 clans allowed to enter, with games spanning over Wednesdays and Thursdays like last season. Priority will be given to those clans who were in the competition last season, but you will still need to signup again even if you were in it last season. More details on signup and starting dates will be posted in due course.

The 48 clans will be divided into eight divisions of six clans. For the first five weeks of the season each team in a division will play the other five once*. The two teams who come top of each division will go forward onto a smaller mini-league consisting of four divisions of five clans. Those of you paying attention will note that this only accounts for sixteen clans. The other four will consist of the four highest runners up, this will be decided on
points if there is a tie on points the number of rounds won will be used to decide who will proceed to the mini-league. At this stage we have accounted for twenty clans, leaving twenty eight who failed to qualify. Worry not, these clans are entered into a straight forward knockout competition. I'll explain each segment in more detail:

League Section

As I stated before this will be four divisions of five clans, there will be some kind of seeding system implemented to stop the top clans meeting at this stage. Each clan will play the other four clans in their division once. The winner of each division will then go on to play
another winner from another division, the semi finals of the competition. The winners of these games will play in the final for the title of BWCSL Season 3 champion.

Knockout Competition

The twenty eight remaining clans will be drawn out of a hat and play in fourteen matches in the first round. The winners will then go on to play eight games in the next round, this will mean two clans will get a bye in this round so that there will be eight clans for the
following round. The rest of the games will follow through (oo-eer) until there are two clans competing in the final.

That's it basically, as I said, all feedback is welcome.

*We're thinking of making it so at the first stage of the competition the clans play each other twice instead of once so the season is longer and the clans that the aren't so good still get to play a nice number of game. Views?

M

Meatballs

is there ever going to be a proper 'league' format implemented in future seasons?

G

Grimmy

It's hard to implement a "proper" league format simply due to the number of clans which drop out of the league during the season for whatever reason. Maybe if the situation settles down in the coming season we can reconsider this.

O

old.erebus25

Clan selection for league?

After the previously entered clans have taken their place in the league how will the remaining places be allocated? There seems insufficient space for many more clans to enter, I've been looking forward to the league for months, now I'm not even sure if I'll get in? Please advise. Cheers.

G

Grimmy

After the dropouts from last season there were 32 clans left competing by the end of the season. When signups start they will have to re-apply at the same time as new signups. We will have a set period of time for signup to occur, if they don't apply in that time then they won't be in the league for next season. However if they do then they will get priority over new clans.

That's the only fair way to do it, if anyone can suggest another way then I'll be glad to take their idea's into consideration

O

old.erebus25

How 'bout an eliminater round to see of all the eligable clans who should be able to enter?

Users who are viewing this thread