BWADMIN still Fekked.....

O

old.Torque

Just thought I'd mention this....................

Only been 4 weeks now since we've had f00ls joining the 3rd team and doing nice things like removing one flag from the server when they try to cap.... the following 20mins can be very boring with only 1 flag to go around.

C'mon barrys this needs sorting.

O

old.AntiPop

I have to agree now. I was very patient to start with but this is begining to get stupid. Not only is it bust but I'm almost getting the impression it's getting worse! I don't have a clue how the b0rked score system is now worked out, but I seem to end up with my lowest scores in my best games and vice versa. It's begining to pee me off a wee.

Come on Barry's, save the servers!

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

KmA clan server is open for business :)

No bugs...

No lame maps...

Good fun :)

Stop by there Torque :D

G

GReaper

I have to agree, it seems to make BW pubs pointless and annoying.

Doesn't exactly impress people, if you want people buying these barryservers then it would help if you could sort out your own mod within a reasonable amount of time.

Sort it.

O

old.Metric

suggestion for Mantis

only custom maps you need are in the updated UnMap pack m8 :)

damn good maps too :D

O

old.Stabs

Dunno what the hells wrong with BW, weve yet to have any official responce from them on any of the topics, can only come to the conclusion that BW doesnt care about T2.

The only reason BW are populated alot is because the quality of service and ping is good. But they are quickly losing players because of the shit map rotations and bugs in BWadmin.

The total non action on BW part to simple remedies means we can only come to the conclusion that they dont care. I do however care and it saddens me to see BW's inaction slowly destroying the T2 pubby scene.

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

I agree m8.

I was allways on BW before all this crap.

Wont go near it till I hear its fixed. I dont expect the fact the "I" dont play on their servers will upset BW at all.

But more and more people are starting to think this way...

G

GReaper

Originally posted by Stabs
Dunno what the hells wrong with BW, weve yet to have any official responce from them on any of the topics, can only come to the conclusion that BW doesnt care about T2.

The only reason BW are populated alot is because the quality of service and ping is good. But they are quickly losing players because of the shit map rotations and bugs in BWadmin.

The total non action on BW part to simple remedies means we can only come to the conclusion that they dont care. I do however care and it saddens me to see BW's inaction slowly destroying the T2 pubby scene.

If this was CS, it would've been fixed weeks ago. However its T2, nobody at BW gives a shit.

O

old.Metric

i *think* BWadmin hasnt been fixed cos Crunchy has lost his net connection (?) and so no fixed Bwadmin mod.

i think ;p

O

old.Stabs

So why hasnt BWadmin been removed until a fix has been released?

Not to mention the slew of other problems that we still havent heard anything from officials about.

Finally whats happened to the league? what are we waiting on now? we were told itd be starting roughly a week after the move!.

O

old.AntiPop

I think the league was being delayed until the fix of BWADMIN.

Bugger! :(

O

old.Stabs

why delay, just remove BWadmin till its fixed, somehow the ladder managed to continue operating without BWadmin. BWT2L can too.

F

fatgit

the ladder dont have to use BW servers, BWT2L do - unless you have 2 or 3 servers they can use.

BWAdmin is shafted, Deathace only did a quick fix after the last patch so the servers actually ran, since then nothings been done.

I've given up playing on BW T2 servers totally

O

old.Stabs

my point is BW servers should be able to run fine without BWadmin. Just noone seems to want to sort any servers out. T2 used to have a thriving pubby community until BW became the main server provider and now the crappy map rotation and other bugs mean there are only a few servers that have decent amounts of people on it.

O

old.AntiPop

BWadmin was fixed today as mentioned above, it works proper now!! :)

O

old.Stabs

Hurrah, thanks Deathace, yer a star!

Now if only we could get a server with popular maps and a Kata only server. I respect that some people still like maps like recal and Thin ice even if they are server emptiers. But making one of the servers, i.e. BWCTF 2 a popular map server cant hurt. Keep the rest of the base servers the same if you must.

Also change one of the Custom maps servers to a Kata only server. Kata only server was almost always full, ive yet to see more than one CM server populated (not that custom maps in themselves are bad, just the the selection on the server is poor and desperately needs updating).

Also, i dont often play ninjamod, im not its biggest fan either, but while it was on NGUK it was undeniably amongst the most popular of servers. From what ive read BW had promised evilcheese a Ninjamod server. but alas, this isnt counterstrike were playing and i guess we have to wait until nothings happening in any of the "favorite" games before things gets done here.

Im not asking these things because i want them. I do want them, but as it stands BW is wasting their servers by keeping things on them noone wants. If BW played their cards right they could roughly double the population on their tribe servers. The only reason i can see BW NOT wanting this is because the extra bandwith may cost them extra money, and if thats the case then its a sad situation for T2 pubbies indeed.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Stabs
Also, i dont often play ninjamod, im not its biggest fan either, but while it was on NGUK it was undeniably amongst the most popular of servers. From what ive read BW had promised evilcheese a Ninjamod server. but alas, this isnt counterstrike were playing and i guess we have to wait until nothings happening in any of the "favorite" games before things gets done here.
Oh do stop bitching, in reality CS gets no more attention than T2, we get servers that stay down for days without being rebooted, we dont get custom maps either, etc, etc. So stop bitching that CS gets preferential treatment because it gets fa the same as the rest.

M

Moving Target

god these scores are way too high...190+?

O

old.Stabs

But CS has Dust only servers, and map rotations with most popular maps. They sorted that all out a long long time ago. Server outages sound like a problem they have to deal with on a semi regular basis, but like you said, they sorted it out maximum of a few days, weve been waiting almost a month for any responce to the BW admin problem and longer than that for the dire map rotation, with still no word for or against in any official status.

Custom maps for CS is a totally different kettle of fish because you can't have the kind of server side custom maps T2 has. T2 can just about get away with a custom map server because of this, if only they chose half decent maps :). Client side custom map servers are never very popular on their own. What im suggesting would actually increase population on BW servers based on what ive seen in NGUK and Yautja server. As much as i like client side Custom maps i wouldnt presume to tell a gaming server to implement one of those servers because i know itd mostly be empty.

O

old.AntiPop

If it's as simple as you seem to make is sound stabs why don't you run your network? :)

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

He wont run his own network because...

A: He most probably cant afford it.

B: Im certain he wouldnt have the time.

C: Theres a perfectly good one called BarrysWorld that just needs to listen the people that care about the servers and make a couple of piss easy changes.

O

old.Stabs

Making a quick fix to server rotations and getting the cash and resources together to run an entire network are 2 different things :) .

If i was running the network and i felt that some of my resources were being wasted and knew that the problem would be easy to remedey id take the small amount of time to go out of my way to sort it.

Either the T2 liason isnt communicating with the server admins what public opinion is. or the Admins arent responding to the reports from the liasons. Someone somewere obviously doesnt seem to care enough though. Third option is that they disagree with my opinions on what makes popular servers, if thats is the case id be happy to hear why they think that when its been proven in the past that im right?

If the Admins are unaware of how to change the map rotation (unlikely) i could point him to serveral people who would be more than willing to illustrate how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom