BWADMIN no team bug

O

old.NJ_Luna*

This bug is really starting to irritate me now, so I have a few questions.

People trying to swicth teams are now assigned to team (.). this means that while they aren't on a team, they appear as friendlies to EVERY player in the game. It's ok when people realise that this has happened to them, but lately I've noticed more and more players using this bug to run around killing people randomly. It's hardly fair since I'm trying to carry out a team task and some jerk (who I think is on my team) runs past me and kills me. It's made playing Tribes really unenjoyable now, since there hasn't been a game so far that I've been in that hasn't had someone using this bug. one player in particular who goes by the name ZOLDEN uses this bug constantly, stating that "he's on the rogue team". Trouble is, once someone has assigned themselves to a - team you can't initiate a vote to kick them as you are told that votes must be team based.

So, is there any way that players can stop this from happening? Can Barry's World do something so that players who aren't assigned to a team can still have a vote to kick initiated against them? is it possible to have players banned from using Barry's World servers until they (as it were) "wise the bap"? That's "grow up" in Irish slang. :)

Please, please help. Many thanks.

F

Fergus

Unfortunately at the present moment and until a fix is put in place in BWadmin mod there is nothing that we can do to stop this from happening. If there are people on the servers that do "appear" to be abusing this come in #bwtl and grab myself or one of the admins who will then take what action they can.

Having said this we are hoping that BWadmin will be fixed in the hear future.

Fergus.

O

old.AntiPop

I've fallen victim to this as well. I soon twigged what was going on and rejoined the server. However, I've also seen way more TKing using this bug and it's damned annoying (especially as you can't vote the player out).

I'm not sure there is anything Barrys could do about this though, I think it's prolly a Sierra issue.

O

old.Wils

If there are people on the servers that do "appear" to be abusing this come in #bwtl and grab myself or one of the admins who will then take what action they can.

I should point out that since the admin functionality is broken/disabled, the only person who can help is Fergus, since Marauder is away for at least a week.

O

old.KmA_MANTIS

Hmmm...

A whole clan was abusing this at one point by the name of RYTS and they couldnt get kicked by the public.

Its a joke.

Why not just run pure servers till its fixed?

F

Fergus

In all honesty pure servers would be opening another can of worms we could do with out. When they have been mentioned in the past the vast majority of folks don't want them.

From what I have heard about them running hasn't all been good, although I could be wrong.

If you are unable to get the players to vote off the players, come and grab myself in #bwtl and ill have a look.

Fergus.

M

Mongrol

There are other server admin mods that could be worth looking at until such time that someone can be arsed fixing BWadmin.

F

Fergus

There probably are, but if they cant get BWadmin fixed, what chance u reckon there is of getting a different server mod on the server ? :)

*sarcasm off*

Fergus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom