BW4 ... How About a Classic Server ... read on ;-)

• Thread starter old.[FMD]Stu_Granger
  • Start date
O

old.[FMD]Stu_Granger

How about this for a bright idea. Well, we all used to like Barrysworld when we had just 2 BW servers, Valve and Custom. How about turning BW4 into a BW TFC CLASSIC MAPS server.

You know, maps like:

RUN
NML
Invectus
CON1
2MoreFortresses
CJ2
FlagControl

You know, all the maps we all loved or hated ... long live the classic days of 1999 :)

Let me know if this idea rocks or sux ... either way it may bring more players to BW TFC Server 4.

With thanks

Stu_Granger

V

vuz

cos most of those maps are shite, i think a modern custom maps server doing:

Monkey
Mulch_Trench
Magic
ETC

Would be of much better use, those maps are rarely played now a days cos no one likes them, if they were great maps they wud have withstood the test of time that Valve maps do :)

T

Tui

Been there, seen it done and it fails. I think *any* custom map server, as someone else suggested, should have players able to do map voting. A fixed rotation just empties the server and people rarely come back.

A

Atomic Rammer

Monkey is a bit shafted coz u can easily conc out the water entrance which u are supposedly not able to do.
Therefore any heavy def units cant follow u.

I hope this dont make it into the league rotation Viruz?

A

Atomic Rammer

Just a thought tho,

A 4 way playoff on flag control would be amazing hehe :)

O

old.[FMD]Stu_Granger

The new maps still suck at getting any players (only regulars will bother to download them).

It was just a thought, the hostility here concerning NEW 3rd maps of which most clearly become tedious after a while. Might as well turn the whole thing back into Valve only maps, like BW 1/2/3 ;) .

With thanks

Stu_Granger

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Im sorry but NML 'IS' the best tfc map ever, promotes good teamwork in every respect, plus it makes me feel like a fcking rambo, when i go over the top;) Man plz bring back NML, i miss it soo bad:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom