BW Servers Unpatched to V1.3

B

bigbb

As you are all no doubt aware Version 1.3 was released recently sporting many new fangled bits and boblets. Unfortunatly, the BarrysWorld and BarryLeague servers are currently running Version 1.1 and are not accessible with Version 1.3. We advise you not to reinstall RtCW (Which is the only way of removing Version 1.3), but to wait until tomorrow. The servers are hopefully going to be upgraded to version 1.3 either tomorrow or Monday, either of which we'll let you know here.

A

Anduin

just 1 thing
from what i hear from reading forum's etc etc etc
there are alot of people that have had alot of problems with 1.3
ie making the game no longer work and where as it has fixed alot of the old bugs there seems to be rumours about some even scaryier bugs (ie teleportation etc)
i dont know if there is any truth in these but it is making me think twice about upgrading even when the servers are upgraded
So for all those people who have upgraded and then gone back to v 1.1 because 1.3 didnt work what is gonne happen about them on the league as it could easily be an entire clan (if its small enough)
Anyway im not sure what to do for the best about this just thought id make my thoughts known and see what other people think
Thnx

S

Starkill

Neat trick, that wasn't mentioned in the official blurb.

B

bigbb

Originally posted by [BA]Anduin
So for all those people who have upgraded and then gone back to v 1.1 because 1.3 didnt work what is gonne happen about them on the league as it could easily be an entire clan (if its small enough)
Anyway im not sure what to do for the best about this just thought id make my thoughts known and see what other people think
Thnx

When servers are upgraded all league participants will be expected to upgrade as well. There may well be issues with the new version but they've included an auto-update thingmejigger in the latest V1.3 so any bugs still lurking in this version will be automatically updated. We can't afford not to upgrade the servers with the vast amount of players who've already upgraded and the advantages the new patch yeilds.

If you take Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 and Half-Life for an example they're both still having patches released and bugs fixed, it's a constant development issue. I think we can be fairly sure that this patch is a progression from 1.1 and as such I don't see a logical reason why people shouldn't upgrade.

If people are having critical running problems with the patch we'll cross that bridge in the league, when we come to it. A postponement to certain clans proving this may be given but tbh i've not heard of any problems that will stop a player playing, other than the servers, which many are not upgraded.

B

bigbb

Heheh, I had just given someone the Hosting Service URL, was in clipboard after I got the rtcw one. :)

C

.cage

Originally posted by Kornholio[UC_UK]
have peace & quiet :p

damn, you beat me before I could post "have a happy and fulfilling existance?"

:)

B

bigbb

In case you hadn't noticed chaps, servers are now sporting the V1.3 badge. :)

O

old.Gutshot

Upgrade v1.3

Can we now safely assume that all Barrysworlds servers have
been successfully upgraded to 1.3? :)

K

*Kornholio*

The BW rtcw.co.uk servers have been updated :)

B

bigbb

Yes. All BarrysWorld, BarryLeague, BarryServer's are all running Version 1.3.

A

Anduin

Given that all servers are now running 1.3 this means that all people have the ice map. given that it is an official map and that everyone in the league has it being on 1.3 and all will this map be up for selection to be played in the league????

Users who are viewing this thread