BW is not part of the game

L

linkblack

Just to let all you master plan makers know that BW is not part of the game for many many players, and alot dont even know its here , so plz dont get upset when you arrange some thing and it clashes with others plans or they dont adopt your strategy in a particular pursuit.
Thank you for your time.

A

adari

Originally posted by linkblack
Just to let all you master plan makers know that BW is not part of the game for many many players, and alot dont even know its here , so plz dont get upset when you arrange some thing and it clashes with others plans or they dont adopt your strategy in a particular pursuit.
Thank you for your time.

but it is the best place to arrange/post your plans as i think most members who read bw will pass it onto guilds/alliances

and there isnt really an alternative, unless you like to pm a lot of people ingame ;x

T

Tranquil-

And GOA officially support these forums for community use. With links and all from their site.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Tranquil-
And GOA officially support these forums for community use. With links and all from their site.

Agreed

Barrysworld is about as official as its gonna get

L

linkblack

I agree that BW does a good job at letting those that come here in on the news, im just pointing out that alot of people never come here and not to take it for granted that the BW hunt or game doctrine will become the norm and not to get upset if that goes against any plans. What im trying to get across is things likes "dont zerg" or "go here to 1fgV1fg" people will do as they wish to have fun. So if a guild goes some where to 1fgv1fg for example, then a Alliance 2fg maybe 3fg comes charging in, then thats there right to do so and dont get upset over it.

T

Tranquil-

Of course that's their right, no one can do anything about it.

But if people don't know about Barrysworld that means they don't read camelot-europe.com very much either, GOA's official site, as Barrysworld has been mentioned there more than once and is linked from there.

If you don't read GOA's site and have never heard about BW, you play the game alright, but nothing more. People talk about BW ingame aswell, BW is a part of the community.

Now down to the zerg thing. What people think about zerging isn't restricted to the BW forums, people are more than happy to yell ingame aswell. That someone made a post about zerging and that people should try to restrict certain places to 1FG is no law no matter how it's worded. It's just mentioned here and people WILL mention it ingame aswell.

If you don't know about other peoples opinion about zerging or about BW's existence you sooner or later will. No one can force you to do this or that, aslong as you are acting within what you clicked 'I accept' at when you logged on.

What you do after that is your decision, but your decision should also take into account the majority's opinion since it most likely will affect your groups and your opponents enjoyment of the game.

edit: Wording.

S

sheepseyes

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Of course that's their right, no one can do anything about it.

But if people don't know about Barrysworld that means they don't read camelot-europe.com very much either, GOA's official site, as Barrysworld has been mentioned there more than once and is linked from there.

If you don't read GOA's site and have never heard about BW, you play the game alright, but nothing more. People talk about BW ingame aswell, BW is a part of the community.

Now down to the zerg thing. What people think about zerging isn't restricted to the BW forums, people are more than happy to yell ingame aswell. That someone made a post about zerging and that people should try to restrict certain places to 1FG is no law no matter how it's worded. It's just mentioned here and people WILL mention it ingame aswell.

If you don't know about other peoples opinion about zerging or about BW's existence you sooner or later will. No one can force you to do this or that, aslong as you are acting within what you clicked 'I accept' at when you logged on.

What you do after that is your decision, but your decision should also take into account the majority's opinion since it most likely will affect your groups and your opponents enjoyment of the game.

edit: Wording.

mmm didnt no there was aplace to go for 1fg v 1fg where is it ??? pls im used to zergs mezzed and dead

M

medowind

roam odins and dont camp there

or something

C

ChillyDawg

/em slaps medow

(nothing to do with topic, i just like slapping the bitch)

R

Repent Reloaded

lol, can I try ?

/slap

ohh that felt good.

M

medowind

i see we have lots of fetish people in the audience today

B

bob007

Back on topic :p

I was sitting at home on sat, Installing everything after a hard drive crash :( and I was installing Dark age of Camelot.

This CD was got on the day of release in europe, So anything on it has always been part of the game, soooo anyway.....

I installed the game, click all the right buttons and stuff and guess what. A bw web page popped up after installing. me being a nosey fecker. investigated some more.

If you open your DAoC cd and look at the contents you'll find........

bw.html
bw folder

Double hit bw.html and you get instructions and info on barrysworld with daoc and bw headers.

Sry, but Barryswhine, no matter how much you hate it, Is a part of the game and has been since day 1.

PS Reinstalling after a crash isn't fun, look after your puter, feed it cloth it and give it some lovin. it takes less time then fresh installs of everything.

O

old.Odysseus

Re: Re: BW is not part of the game

Originally posted by adari
Albion/Excalibur
Guild gimp of <Black Legion> !
Adari, lvl 50 Infiltrator
Pyramus, lvl 2x Reaver
Buffaholic, soon to be pl'd enhance cleric
Founder of the Barakovenish armless teethlees toeless boy with a hacked account fund.
[00:34:24] * Wildfire` strokes garnet's chest hair and squeezes her boobies
[17:17:45] <[WR]Garnet> hehe he has a fetish for chest hair
[03:19:47] <[WR]Garnet> stop looking down my top Wiffle
[03:19:56] <[WR]Garnet> wont find chair hair
[03:20:04] <[WR]Garnet> chest hair even lol
[03:20:19] <[GoL]gunz> cos u shave it off garnet?
[03:20:20] <[GoL]gunz>
[03:20:22] <[GoL]gunz> or wax
[03:20:27] <[GoL]gunz> or pluck them 1 by 1
[03:20:42] <[WR]Garnet> wax ofc
I'm a Melodramatic Friar!
What Kind of Friar Are YOU???
nerf long sigs

B

Belomar

To quote one of the Laws of Online Game Design: "It's not a game -- it's a community." And yes, BW is definitely part of the DAoC community.

F

Flimgoblin

whether BW's the most official forum out there or not - not everyone reads it... same way VN doesn't disseminate information to more than about 5% of the US server population.. (if it's even that much)

So, by all means organise things here - people will pass it on to their guilds/alliances/etc. but don't be shocked if not everyone has heard of your raid even when it was a sticky on BW/Excal/Alb.

L

linkblack

Thank you Flim. That was my point, im not in any way against BW im just saying that a lot of lvl50s i know never come here and so never hear of the hunts. The other point was although you might have a sound plan for rvr dont be upset if you see people doing the opposite.

G

greenfingers

Thread: BW is not part of the game

it isn't? .. DOH!!!

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Belomar
To quote one of the Laws of Online Game Design: "It's not a game -- it's a community." And yes, BW is definitely part of the DAoC community.

Well said :)

Z

zlair

What u say is, BW is supported by GOA becuz GOA has links to it...

... hmm... HMM... GOA also has links to Nolby Prides webbie...

HMMMMMMM......

W

WardyWonderland

tbh lost of people give BW a miss because of the high ammount of spam in the threads. What starts out a serious thread can become lost in people whining within half a dozen posts. This sometimes makes it hard to follow the true meaning of the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom