BW intermittently unavilable for last 3 days

C

censi

I have had problems getting onto the BW web site for the last few days... its just this one website...

I try and access the page and I just get the hourglass. after about 5 mins of trying says site is unavilable..

Its not a problem with my internet connection cuz I can always get other sites... Whenever I get the problem I ask others and they say its fine...

Was wondering if anyone else had the problem (im from london)

I can always resolve the url to an IP address. its just when it tries to connect to the BW server it cant...

I think its some high level problem like Filetering or ISP caching or summin...

Any ideas anyone.. my ISP are refusing to admit its a problem with them..

started about 3 days ago... its comes and goes i can get onto the site for 5 mins then i cant keeps repeating this cycle...

S

speshneeds

if you access thro forums.barrysworld.com try forums.game.net instead

also try http://forums.barrysworld.com/?

the question mark will tell any cache thats intercepting stuff to get a new version.

who is your isp?

E

Elric IA

I have had a problem over this weekend and today with very intermittent or slow access (press a thread and wait 5 mins or go in straight away for a few pages then beack to the long wait). I am with clara

E

Elric IA

I have had a problem over this weekend and today with very intermittent or slow access (press a thread and wait 5 mins or go in straight away for a few pages then back to the long wait). I am with clara

C

censi

ELRIC im with clara to!!

i new it was isp related. but they aint having it

N

-Nxs-

HAve been fine this week although a few weeks ago it seamed down loads. never mind :) not as bad as being without game servers

C

censi

its just driving me bonkers trying to get it sorted... I demostrate the problem to them over the phone... its definetly some sort of caching problem with some device on their network...

fook knows what but i seem similar problems like this b4.

C

Cala-more

Few I thought I was the only one. I have bw saved in favourates and when I try to access the site somtimes it does not allow access the the daoc forum or any of the forums from the bw home page. However access is granted to all the other sections.

B

Bleri McThrust

Hate to say this but I use Claranet to and although Ive had no problems here (possibly because Im fairly inactive for a wee while). I have been having a few problems elsewhere over the last few days.

Had a lot of pages unavailable and one nearly terminal LD (terminal for my pc as I nearly through it out the window).

S

speshneeds

so you tried forums.game.net instead? same page, stored elsewhere

C

censi

speshneed yes.

it makes no difference having the ? in there.

This is one fooking wierd problem... I seen most types of interenet problems u can get before... but not sure what this is..

There is no problem with connecivity to the BW servers. Its opening the page where it fooks up.

at first i thought it must be my PC.

I did install spybot and quarentine some stuff. but other people i know who use claranet have similar problems...

It could turn out to be spybot I guess but i reverted the changes i made and it didnt make any difference.

im stumped and I dont think claranet have the capacity to solve the problem..

C

censi

still cant get this working right.

I think it might be my isp's dns server..

are other claranet users still having the same problems.

K

katzeyez

I am with NTL and having the same problem, but it's not just BW that is affected.

I have fixed it by simply switching which proxy server I am using whenever it happens sorts out the problem (for a bit) but it is damned annoying.

C

censi

katzeye its not just BW for me either.. its loads of sites (about 10% of the ones I try and hit)

5 mins they work and 5 mins they dont...

I reckon its my ISP's DNS server. The default setting for local area network are to search the ISP's network to locate the DNS server. You can change this or hard code it to go to a direct IP address. I have seen this problem before and hard coding it to go directly to the DNS server fixed it.

I phoned my ISP and they didnt even understand what I was trying to tell them.. When i eventually got an IP address off them I tried hard coding it in but then my internet connection was totally down... I got a feeling this IP wasnt their dns server

Its a problem out there in internet world but they refuse to look at it on the grounds that if they try and get the sites that I report im having problems, with they can (!)..

They says its my PC. Even though if I hook up my 56k modem on that PC and disconect the lan, all the sites I have trouble with are available...

starting to piss me off tbh.

It will cost them my custom soon if they dont fix it...

E

Elric IA

Well Censi if it is your PC then it must be mine as well. I have had a few days off DAoC/BW and get back to having intermittent service where it either stalls for 5 minutes or is normal.

I would agree that it is either a general internet problem or an ISP related one.

BTW my set up is just a simple PC and broadband modem.

E

Elric IA

Yesterday I could not get in but today things seem to be back to normal Censi. Perhaps they have found the problem?

B

Brynn

yea happened to me too. worked when i tried to log on at uni

Users who are viewing this thread