BW Custom Map Server Going On

B

bigbb

From our previous discussion in this here forum the BarrysWorld Custom Map Server is to be active as of 06:00, Wednesday 20th March. The server is replacing the 'BarrysWorld - Objective (4) - Beginners Server', and is available on the same IP address of 213.221.174.170:28963.

The server will be sporting 6 maps for the moment, in order of their rotation, they are:

The maps are available in one download in our BarrysWorld Map Pack , which is 18.45mb. Alternatively, click on the maps above to download the individual maps.

All downloads are on the BarrysWorld FTP - ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/returntocastlewolfenstein/

B

bigbb

Should be fun, looking forward to having a game myself on them tomorrow.

D

d_g

nice selection, looks like a GOOD custom server, with all good maps at last :)

T

throdgrain

I dont play RTCW much , cos of the shortage of maps. That to me looks like a very good idea nice one :)

N

nocte

nice one bigbb.

might see if neone is there now...

D

d_g

what version of tank is it? i got "couldnt load maps/mp_tank.bsp" msg with both 20th Feb & 4th March versions :(

B

bigbb

4th March one I believe. I think you have to remove both versions, run RtCW. Then exit, install 4th March one and it should work. Or something along these lines will work.

It does say when loading Please remove all older versions before connecting, I think.

D

d_g

o... i didnt realise i had to run RTCW in the middle, just swapped the PK3's. will give that a go thanks :)

B

bigbb

I don't know that you do, i'm guessing because the console loads the .pk's when it starts and I guess they're logged. So, if you do that in the middle it might clear it completely.

D

d_g

its beta2 version (feb 2nd) on the server, got it working fine now but FYI theres a more recent (final) version out :)

B

bigbb

The creator published no date for his next and final release of the map so I assumed he'd given up and that was it.

Getting it changed to the new version this week, and the pack updated accordingly.

D

d_g

nice one, kept forgetting to swap beta & final around so was always getting kicked :D

btw im emailing pc gamer to ask them to stick RTCW maps on next cd/dvd, i'll include request for the BW pak unless you would prefer otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread