@BW: Could you try Gladiator Arena?

• Thread starter old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga
  • Start date
O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

Hey, BW!

Since Gladiator is doing quite fine on the custom servers of the MAC clan and Pope, maybe you should give my mod a chance and run it permanently on one of your servers... ?

As it seems players have much fun with Gladiator Arena. And since Elimination is the one XP mode you don't run - and Gladiator Arena is the extension of Elimination (but you can play it now without having the XP) - maybe you could try it for a while.

If you do it, please run it with bots (about 6 to 7) to save the gameplay. Gladiator makes not much sense with only two or three players. BTW I did fix the bug of EF that a server fills up with bots if some bots are spectators (after a player disconnected) and the amount of players is under the amount of bot_minplayers.

You are running three servers with my IN2TAGIB. Maybe you change one of your IN2TAGIB-CTF servers temporarly to a Gladiator Arena server to check the mod out and what the response to it is.

Gladiator Arena allowes a simple vote option, where players can only vote for a new map. So you can activate voting.

W

widdy

gets my vote,even going to give it a blast in BWEFL if we get time :) so they had better get it on the servers :clap:

T

Tempy_Incursion

Bloody good idea m8, BWEFL could do with the Gladiator Arena in it to breathe so more life into the EF community - gets my vote too! :)

O

old.Dreadnought

Gets my vote too !

but why not chnage the action hero server for it?

since the instagibs are used a lot, and the specialites has been played a ot recently, and assim is also getting used the odd time now (very fun)

i dont see any1 in the action hero one... :/

D

Deslizer

glad and pinball on booakables

yeah!

and the pinball-mod on the bookables too

btw: im old. ?

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

Well, I guess no answer means No. :-/ Well, what should I say - after all it seams it isn't that good or popular to get a chance by Barrysworld. Maybe some still enjoy it.

T

Tempy_Incursion

Yeah Salinga, Gladiator Arena is a great mod loads of fun and above all it seems really popular. Good idea there about replacing the Action Hero server with the new mod...:D

Has anyone EVER really played that mod btw? (Action Hero)

S

Starman

True its taken some time but i have requested a server for this mod. But What maps are best?

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

i have requested a server for this mod. But What maps are best?

This is my list of favourites, that I would recommend as developer:

DM Maps:
dangercity
hm_voy1
hm_dn1
hm_scav
hm_borg
hm_dn2
hm_cam
1v1_banished
hm_dn3
pharo
padgarden
fairhaven

TDM (DM) Maps:
ctf_kln1
ctf_voy2
ctf_geothermal
ctf_canyon
ctf_redsun2
ctf_prisoner
ctf_insurrection

B

Bondie

sweet havent played this mod for jonkes used to love it :D

S

Starman

213.221.174.198:26960 - password: bwtest

If you guys could give it a play (As my beta testers) :)

Let me know of maps/cfg changes if think we should make.

Thanks!

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

Originally posted by Starman
213.221.174.198:26960 - password: bwtest

If you guys could give it a play (As my beta testers) :)

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for taking this step! :)

You should add bots (not only for testing but in general, I wrote about this already in this thread). If you join a server and you are alone, you can't do anything (only fly around, inspecting the map).

Also you should try to activate the match mode. How to do so you can find out in the readme of the mod.

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

I think you should do a switch to Instagib-Mode of Gladiator on the map padkitchen (g_mod_instagib). Maybe some other maps there you can hide good could use a Instagib gameplay also (otherwise the game would be too quick finished).

In a probably map rotation I would switch between FFA/TDM and at some maps also allow Instagib (maybe a special Instagib-Section of the map rotation).

S

Starman

Servers now online

213.221.174.227:26965

Enjoy!

O

old.Dreadnought

ummmm starman what about the maps rotation for it ?

it SUX !!!

theres like 5 maps, then it goes back to the begining...and u cant vote !!! ??? !!!

put a few of the xpansion maps on, and a lot of the cool custom ones on !!! even space might be fun on this heh... but the pad maps should be and a few others etc..

just a suggestion, cos a few were in server, but when they noticed the loop of maps, it went empty :(

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

First of all: THANKS! B-)

There are two things I would suggest for the Gladiator Server right now:

1. Enable Bots. With only two or three players active Gladaitor makes no fun and a game lasts some seconds sometimes:

bot_enable 1
bot_nochat 1
bot_minplayers 5

2. Enable Matches with an amount of rounds about 5. Otherwise on short games (because of only two players or such) every minute another map loads - kills gameplay:

g_mod_NoOfGamesPerMatch 5

what about the maps rotation for it ? it SUX !!!

Well, for my part I think the map rotation is good this way for a start. Because the maps are (without one exception) standard maps.

The only map that seem to make problems is the hm_dn3 map - some are kicked when it loads.

To inlcude custom maps I think that should be a seperate server, so users know they have the most popular maps installed when they connect. But for that Gladiator is not popular enough.

But there could be a solution to the map "probem":

theres like 5 maps, then it goes back to the begining...and u cant vote !!! ??? !!!

Therefor I included a simple vote option:

g_allowvote 1
g_mod_SimpleVote 1

Now the users can vote for a map (and that's the only vote allowed).

(Ups! I just saw that variable is missing in the readme! :-( I will correct that)

just a suggestion, cos a few were in server, but when they noticed the loop of maps, it went empty :(

I think that has something to do with the lack of active players. I guess most players don't wait for others to come.

O

old.Lt.Cmdr.Salinga

Originally posted by Starman
Changes requested.

Only thing I noticed is that voting is enabled now. But you can vote also for things like gametype... and I wonder about that since the Gladiator Server should be FFA (as the name says). Well, I cannot do more than explain how to reduce voting to maps only... ?

And you really should enable bot_minplayers. No one is joinig because it's boring to wait for others. And still then with only two players Gladiators makes no fun.

Since then Popes and {MAC}'s servers are more popular and used - that is not bad but it would be nice for an attractive alternative on Barrysworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom