BW 3 / 4 rotations...

O

old.pheonix2

Well - what do you want?

No flaming each other, no dissing each others suggestions, just post your proposed rotations for a 16 player and a 24 player *CUSTOM*MAP*MOSTLY* server

Right on a similar note:
What do you think of waterfront?
Itys not *quite* CTF - its a gimmick...
What do you all reckon?

Proposed rotations currently:

<DrChris> 24 player: Total War, Betrayed, Rock2, Cydonia, 4 port, Flag Control
<DrChris> 16 player: Fortsaken, Waterfront, Extraction, Shutdown, Tiger, Bases_r, Flag Control

Don't worry there'll be a pair of only valve maps ones too...

O

old.KTM

I've never heard of half the maps but I don't care, anything different will be better for now (although I'd like Betrayed on the 16 player server!)

Please turn off server downloading though, especially if the new version of Fortsaken (fortsake2) is used, as otherwise most spaces will be filled with downloaders.

It was mentioned previously that a note would be put in the MOTD to inform people where they could download the maps, but every map on the 16 Player server is new, so the MOTD wouldn't get seen.

O

old.Stuart_Granger

I see this map rotation is just your typical Barrysworld Bullshit again ... why waste my time in the beginning Dr Chris.

I suppose you decided that I would get all the shit over the map rotations and you get someone to blame if everyone is annoyed with the map rotations. Then decide to come up with a completely different set, consequently wasting my time and efforts talking to about 20 other people to pick the good playable maps from the boring dross of the new and old TFC map designs.

With thanks

An extremely annoyed Stuart_Granger
frown.gif

O

old.devin

Well, new maps is good maps, just mix a couple of old valve maps in *ALTERNATING* between the new ones. As ive suggested before 1 new map, then a valve one, new one etc...

Just wait for the feedback on here then drop the unfavoured ones.

As for now, Darkness must go!

[This message has been edited by devin (edited 29 November 1999).]

O

old.DrChris

Yes, the new map rotations are in place, details can be found here: http://www.barrysworld.com/news/default.asp?Category=2

Stuart_Granger: I'm sorry you've taken it this way. There was quite a reaction to your map rotations (both on this webboard and in private) which was, tbh, to be expected, and so I felt it best to consult further. FWIW, many of your selection are still present. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to grab me in IRC.

These rotations are not fixed and I'd like to keep them fresh by making regular changes, I was thinking of adding/removing the odd map every couple of weeks, not changing the whole lot
smile.gif
Thoughts?

DrChris.

O

old.Fatbloke

Changing the map(s) every now and then - excellent idea.

BTW - I second the 'no map download' request!

Point them to the BW files section instead.

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.LLAMA Rama

The first adjhustment I'd make would be to up the 14 player server limits to 16... so the 4 player maps can have even teams, then I'd put the 20 player up to 24 if poss, then that would be optimal

------------------
--
Rama says....
Ragh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom