Buying Us Daoc copy

O

old.Demerzel

It does look that its legal to buy someone elses Us daoc account.. Lots of ppl are selling accounts at ebay at insane prices.

Was hopeing to get an account cheaper without the hassle of shipping a us copy from the us..

Cant belive some ppl, the retail price of an us version are about 20 dollars. Then just beacuse they have a lvl50 char they can obviously sell their account for hundreds of dollars.. :rolleyes:

O

old.Demerzel

has to be different rules for us version..

R

Raktael

don't be silly, the CoC would remain the same regardless of what versions. People do the same with everquest, its still breaking the rules, and they can be banned for it.

O

old.Demerzel

wierd.. they seem to be selling stuff left and right.. :p

ah well, does anyone know a good place to buy the us version, that ships to northern eroupe?

M

Marcus75

Or even better...are there any stores in Sweden that have imported the game? I live in Stockholm so it should be a reasonable chance that someone has it...

I've also heard that company that imports the EU version of the game to Sweden recently sent back copies. This comes from a realiable source and raises the question (again) if GOA is really promoting this game as they should... :(

O

old.Demerzel

oh that vould be nice..

man im soo bored right now :sleeping:

S

Shaz][

US DAoC CoC iirc...

Can't sell items/coin from inside the game / Can sell accounts.

F

Flimgoblin

the US CoC was ok with selling characters, but then changed it so it's a nono

that said they're not policing it unless you're a sad company dedicated to screwing up mmorpgs to make a buck ;)
(the blacksnow incident is what made them ban the character sales... but it's upto them when to enforce the bans)

S

Seyrcim

I think softwareexpress had some us copies in (haven't been there in ages tho) they are located at the subwaystation Hötorget (also has a webstore, so check there if they still have it)

www.softwareexpress.se

W

Whoodoo_RD

IMO buy a copy from amazon.com (US site) and do the hard work yaself!

Lately ive seen a lot of highlevel players selling / swapping accounts with others and IMO it stinks. Whats the point of starting a game at the end of it, kinda like buying SW Jedi Knight and starting to play on the last map!

Level your chars like the rest of us ffs :-(

/endflame

O

old.Demerzel

ehm, why would i ever play another persons char?, that sucks..

:rolleyes:

just want to skip shipping costs from the us.

B

biggz

hey you can play on american servers with the euro version...

A friend of mine plays on Ys (french daoc server) and i play on Morgan le fay (american daoc server)

We swapped "update.dat" from each others daoc game directory and account details and that was it :)

was weird playing the game in french tho :p

a'revoir

O

old.Demerzel

yeah i know..

just got an answer from a swedish game company, they had the us version in stock but for 699 sek, (thats like 69 us dollars) far more expensive than to import from us :(

F

Flimgoblin

all you need is the CD-KEY to register, along with the update.dat - get someone to buy it and send you them :)

M

Marcus75

How does it work when you got two versions installed? I got my main here in Europe and dosn't plan on deleting him.

How do you play both the Euro and the USA version on the same machine?

F

Feac_

euro version installs here C:\Mythic when u install US version just make a small change to the install path C:\MythicUS and its fine unless u have a really small hard drive

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom