Buying Daoc Again, Need Help!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Can someone give some advice on where the hell to get a full pack other than on the Daoc Europe site, which has the full 5 expansions for 19.99 but is allways out of stock. Everywhere i check either dont stock no more or is out of stock ect. I see the odd expansion about in shops, but buying Catacombs or Darkness rising is of no use to me without the original 3.

And how does the buying of the downloads work from the site, once u download it do they give u a pass to download it free next time if u say, format your pc.

Soz im still thick as pigshit lol. Any help apreciated

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i think you can just buy toa, dr and cata.

all the classic, si stuff is included?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
i think you can just buy toa, dr and cata.

all the classic, si stuff is included?

Well im not sure. I mean ive never seen a ToA pack with si and classic included, unless they are, but not mentioned on the front of the box. I can get Cat and DR from my local GAME, but they couldnt get me the original 3. And like i said u cant just buy DR and play from that, u need all the expansions leading up to it afaik.

Laddey

FH is my second home
You get TOA free - Open a new account (for free, including TOA) from the goa website and just buy a Catas & DR Serial key from the website, activates near enough instantly. YOu get a free 14 days aswell :)

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

Click subscription then registration then fill in the forms and walla!

Click 'Downloads' on the left hand side, half way down and you've got the clients you need on that part of the website.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
and you don't need a "pass" or something to download it the next time after you've formatted your harddisk, cause you can just download it for free with the patcher with only the files "update.dat" and "camelot.exe".

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Laddey said:
You get TOA free - Open a new account (for free, including TOA) from the goa website and just buy a Catas & DR Serial key from the website, activates near enough instantly. YOu get a free 14 days aswell :)

Click 'Downloads' on the left hand side, half way down and you've got the clients you need on that part of the website.

I dont get u :/ , sorry me a bit slow sometimes. What do u mean i get ToA for free ? . Dont i need classic and si aswell ? .

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Why would they give u classic si and toa for free ?
whats the catch :/

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
I dont get u :/ , sorry me a bit slow sometimes. What do u mean i get ToA for free ? . Dont i need classic and si aswell ? .
its all inclusive on toa now

classic and si client are deceased toa is the earliest you can go to

Laddey

FH is my second home
And its free, all of it accept the latest 2 expansions.

Sign up for the 14 day free trial and after that you can renuw your account for a month. And walla, sorted.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the TOA CD includes all the information you need to play daoc (the important files from Classic and SI)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Huzzah thx mates, i bought cheap editions of cats and darkness rising so i shuld be all set, one last uestion though, do u still need to download housing/nf seperatly ?

kirennia

Part of the furniture
knighthood said:
Huzzah thx mates, i bought cheap editions of cats and darkness rising so i shuld be all set, one last uestion though, do u still need to download housing/nf seperatly ?

Housing and new frontiers are both included with darkness rising. You do not need to install both DR and cats, only install darkness rising. Buying catacombs now is only useful for the cd-key (which you need in order to activate your account past toa).

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Housing and new frontiers are both included with darkness rising. You do not need to install both DR and cats, only install darkness rising. Buying catacombs now is only useful for the cd-key (which you need in order to activate your account past toa).

Righto thx. Just hope the game doesnt die the day i log back in :p

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:

wrong, if its the Cds you have, you need catacombs installed to install Darkness rising.
Darkness rising just sorta installs some new stuff into the catacombs folders, and renames the .exe.
Also I think the download is the same,
IE it just darkness rising, youll need catacombs installed already.

then again they could of changed this since release

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Lol i just looked inside my Catacombs box and found u get Classic and Shrouded isles with it for free on seperate disks. Nowi just need ToA, or to be able to download it separate.

And somehow figure out all the hoo hah of subscribing again.
:puke:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
Lol i just looked inside my Catacombs box and found u get Classic and Shrouded isles with it for free on seperate disks. Nowi just need ToA, or to be able to download it separate.

And somehow figure out all the hoo hah of subscribing again.
:puke:
That Classic+SI CD is a 'give it to a friend to try out' bonus, you don't need it for your own account. You only need one client, if you use ToA then that's the only version you need to install, if you want to use Catas then you don't need to install ToA first. The only exception is DR which - as Sparda said - modifies your exisitng Catas folder so you need to have that installed already. All the other clients are stand alone clients, you can install and use any one of them as long as you have it activated on your account.

Garthilk

Fledgling Freddie
Laddey said:

Thanks for the link. I'm resubscribing and it'll help.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
dont i need classic and si installed on my pc tho to enter them zones ?

surely i need to install all 5 expansions ????

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Sparda said:
wrong, if its the Cds you have, you need catacombs installed to install Darkness rising.
Darkness rising just sorta installs some new stuff into the catacombs folders, and renames the .exe.
Also I think the download is the same,
IE it just darkness rising, youll need catacombs installed already.

then again they could of changed this since release

I've got an old catacombs directory and a new darkness rising directory. The cats dir is 3gb...the DR dir is 3.8gb. I'm pretty sure that you only need to install darkness rising as that contains all of the previous expansions.

knighthood said:
dont i need classic and si installed on my pc tho to enter them zones ?

surely i need to install all 5 expansions ????

Please read up, people have already said this.
Classic AND shrouded isles AND ToA are included in the catacombs and darkness rising expansions. I deleted them ages ago and can still access those zones.

What you need to do is

1)start up a new account on www.camelot-europe.com. Make sure you note down the passwords given to you as well as keeping the cd-key secure. DO NOT store these on your computer. HOTMAIL IS NOT SAFE. NOTEPAD documents storing them ANYWHERE on your computer IS NOT SAFE. So many people have lost their accounts because they've left the passwords on their computer :p Just thought I'd reitterate this part.
2)Activate catacombs licence on that website (using cd-key)
3)Activate Darkness Rising licence on that website (using cd-key)
4)Install darkness Rising
5)Run the game repeatedly until it's downloaded all the patches.

If the part 4) doesn't work then just install catacombs first :p I don't think I'm wrong about it but it was a while ago I installed it ;).

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood.JPG

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Lol at your guide pic phil.

ok ok, i think i got it.

B U T H E R E S AN O T H E R QU E STI ON

I want a buffbott, my pc can dual load 2 accounts piece of piss and ill have an 8 meg line so thats all ok, but how do i go about this without buying another copy of soddin cats and DR cos im sure u need a sperate CD key for them to send u out the new account activation.

probabky not cos im a tard, but tbh without a buffbott i doubt i can be assed to lvl a new char to 50 for the 9th time. So how me goes about getting 2 accounts :D ??

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
If you don't want DR or Cata it's free to d/l the 15 day trial from GOA's site, you just need another email address to register it to.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
You don't really NEED your BB in the cats/DR zones; you can quite easily lvl in other places if you want. In which case just don't activate your BB account with cats/DR and just take your main char there once every 5 lvls or so to get the easy exp off of the various cats quests.

The game itself now comes with all exapnsions upto ToA for free so you'll only have to pay for the subscription for it.

If you want your BB in those zones though, then I'm afraid you will need to buy them :p

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
"Buying Daoc Again, Need Help!"

one little piece of advice: DON'T :mad:

Hehe too late. I* only bought cats and dr anyway tho cos i couldnt find the originals. and why dont, its still got a good few years left in it methinks :) , and im more coming back for the social aspect and old mates then the game itself, i sucks rvr, so if it gets so bad that only 3 hibs and 3 mids and 3 albs are rvring then thats ok wid me ^^

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
You don't really NEED your BB in the cats/DR zones; you can quite easily lvl in other places if you want. In which case just don't activate your BB account with cats/DR and just take your main char there once every 5 lvls or so to get the easy exp off of the various cats quests.

The game itself now comes with all exapnsions upto ToA for free so you'll only have to pay for the subscription for it.

If you want your BB in those zones though, then I'm afraid you will need to buy them :p

Thx , all i needed to know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom