Burning Ps2 images, need some help.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Just wondering what format i need to burn a ps2 image in for it to work on my ps2 with dm4 chip. Is it mds / mdf or do i need to convert it to something else ?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
cant discuss things like that on these forums as its illegal :p
but im sure if you ran a search in google of say "how to burn ps2 games" you would get something useful :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
On the subject, how do I get ps2 images onto my pc?

Or is that illegal too ?:p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Under U.K. law it is quite legal to have one backup copy, as these forums are hosted in the U.K. you are quite free to talk about making backup's (unless Deeb's states otherwise), don't mention piracy though or you risk a ban I would imagine.

Himse

FH is my second home
Its legal to do it if its for personal use IIRC, not to sell to others.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Himse said:
Its legal to do it if its for personal use IIRC, not to sell to others.

that just *might* be legal if u acually own the original disc, but even then i doubt it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ctuchik said:
that just *might* be legal if u acually own the original disc, but even then i doubt it.

Totally legal in the U.K. as it is classed as fair use.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Unless you need to bypass any copyright protection to back it up - then, as far as I am aware, its illegal :(

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Yer, dont think its ever been illegal to backup your stuff ^_^

Thats what you did right? Back it up? ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Jeremiah said:
Unless you need to bypass any copyright protection to back it up - then, as far as I am aware, its illegal :(

It isn't illegal to bypass copy protection if that copy protection denies you fair use, the DMCA is an American law and does not apply here. However it is very much a grey area still and there are loopholes so you couldn't be prosecuted as long as you only made one copy and never sold it.

Sadly it is just a matter of time before we end up with laws like the anti-fair use DMCA, the big media corporations want all backup's (even legitimate ones for fair use) to be a criminal offense and they usually get what they want in the end.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Nevermind, i figured it out myself. Ehrm,,, and all my copies are completely cough cough cough legal. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom