Burning for DVD players?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I don't watch TV much and have had a DVD player for over a year, but haven't used it! So I'm a noob with this stuff :p

Is it possible to burn video files compressed with xvid to DVD, and watch them on your player. Or does your standard DVD player require a specific format to be used? I'm trying Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3 and a 700MB file appears to be taking 5GB on the DVD oO. What I'm trying to do is burn a few xvid encoded avi's (~6hours worth) onto one DVD. Can it be done? ;)

+ Does the resolution/dimensions matter when you record it, or will it show as fullscreen regardless?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I very much doubt that your dvd player supports Xvids - chances are that Movie Factory thing is reencoding the xvids in to mpeg format which the dvd player can play. You can get dvd players that play divx's though, but the best solution for what you want to do is a chipped xbox with xbox media centre :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whats videocd quality like these days? Still shite? Its an option I suppose.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Like clown says Doom9.org is your best friend. Although I must warn you. The quality of the final DVD will be no where near as good as the quality of the Xvid/DivX. Something to do with the divx/xvid software filters and that being lost when converting to mpeg2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom