Burning Cd's

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Nothing to do with daoc but i figured it could go here anyway :p

I've recently tried to make a few compilation cd's from fresh audio files. I've been using Nero/Windows Media Player, but with both program's it's successfully burning the cd's, although when i go to play them on another PC/in my car etc, there's nothing on the cd.

There's no licenses on the files, as i've rerecorded the original for these reasons :p

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? :x

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Next time you steal a car radio make sure it comes with a CD player?

But on a more serious note, when you copy files with WMP it will put a 'link' to the file on the CD then after that you need to set the files to copy to the CD and if you don't and just press 'Burn the CD'(or something like that) then it will just copy the links to the files in which case you will get no useable files only the links towards the files will be copied.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
best 1 to use is nero or easy cd creator...make mp3 files from the originals to your hdd and then burn them in 1 of thouse programs...works 110% for me every time...as a audio cd not mp3 cd...if u dont have a mp3 player

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
have a go with "burnforfree" and just click, burn audio, really nice bit of free software.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Andrilyn said:
Next time you steal a car radio make sure it comes with a CD player?

My car has a cd player, fu :(

Thanks for the replies too :)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
The idea first that is useful, drop your write speed to the lowest possible on your burner - some CD players have a problem with higher write speed for some reasons.

If that doesn't work, it's actually best to rip off the CD using CDEX software (www.download.com). This will make them MP3's or WAV's etc. Nero will ofc make them audio files when you write the CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom