Bull Fighting....

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
It makes me sick, people think this is 'fun'? Antagnising an animal for fun? Okay then. What I find fun is when the bull wtfpwns the twats that does it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Those matadors are nuts. Could so easily get trampled / gored to death.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Tbh i thought that this type of bull fighting is far preferable to the way it is done in Spain and elsewhere.

The bull is not killed.

Although it is not ever going to be done in a way that animal rights activists will find acceptable, it is far far better then the road of killing the bull.

Btw this is not the way that the matadors work in Portugal they work from a horse and tbh i thought that this type of bull fighting is far preferable to the way it is done in Spain and elsewhere.

The bull is not killed.

Although it is not ever going to be done in a way that animal rights activists will find acceptable, it is far far better then the road of killing the bull.

Btw this is not the way that the matadors work in Portugal they work from a horse and it involves a lot of skill - horsemanship and obviously sticking it in the bull - and the end result is not death for the bull.

I have posted another clip for you to see what i mean about the way they do it............

YouTube - Portugese Matador

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Sure, at some point it's "cruel", but so is drowning kittens, slapping dogs with newspapers, killing flies, farting while in public and the list goes on.

This kind of thing has happened in nature all the time, and no, humans with weapons is quite equal, as equal as a lion versus a gazelle.

Don't actually care. Wouldn't do it myself, though it would be cool to try, but can't go around screaming bloody murder as i eat cows and pigs and sheep and bloody kangaroos :lol:

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
It makes me sick, people think this is 'fun'? Antagnising an animal for fun? Okay then. What I find fun is when the bull wtfpwns the twats that does it.

If you're not a vegetarian then that statement is ridiculously hypocritical.

Perhaps the steak you ate list night will come back from cow heaven and wtfpwn you.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Perhaps the steak you ate list night will come back from cow heaven and wtfpwn you.

Not to mention... scary that i'm agreeing with Gorb on something...that if you wish the guy to get impaled instead of the bull getting killed, you're probably a borderline psychopath.

Humans first, f*ck the rest.

Well, technically the planet iwns in the end, but while we're here!

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Aside from all the moral things regarding baiting animals - do people actually find this interesting? Its as boring as hell.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Aside from all the moral things regarding baiting animals - do people actually find this interesting? Its as boring as hell.

I hold my hand up and admit freely that YES i do find it entertaining esp the part where the raving looney taunts the bull to charge him and then takes the charge head on.

Also the horsemanship that you see from the actual matadors is awesome.

Zita

Fledgling Freddie

Not really. The animals I eat get killed and treated in a humane way. This is hardly humane.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Not really. The animals I eat get killed and treated in a humane way. This is hardly humane.

You never went to a slaughter house? Do you?

I'm not a bull fight fan, but this is part of my country culture so i will just point some facts.

The bull is not kill on the fight as Tierk already stated. The show is advertised around the toreros but also the bulls. This bullfights are a way to celebrate the animal and show it respect. It's a bit antiquished, and i can accept that it may hurt some people feelings, but it's in no way intended to be disrespectfull for the Bull. On the contrary.

And Zita, animals treated in an human way, right. Apart pets, and not all of them, most of the animals you eat are treated like shit before they land on your table.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Most animals breed and slaughtered for food are not treated humane, they get shipped all over europe. Some slaughterhouses treat them humane, but where profit is the key, the animals are not. I stopped buying massproduced meats in stores, i use a store where they get their meat locally where i've seen them handle the animals.

Sure the way a bull is treated in the ring is not ok, but if i had a choice i would choose to the the bull in the ring, than a cow goin for slaughter. The bull had better life up to then, than the cow has had.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If you buy crappy processed meat then it is usually treated badly as it is reared but if you buy responsibly then you can usually be happy that it has been treated well as it is reared.

ie never buy meat from a supermarket.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes, 'cause the WAY an animal gets killed is so important.

It's gonna f*cking die!

Regardless, no matter, life out, innards cut, fed to a billy and shat down the porcelain bowl...dead.

If i killed 20 people, would you give a f*ck how humane i was about it? :lol:

And if you don't, why would you about an animal?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'll just leave this here..
NSFW

sayward

Resident Freddy
That's not bull fighting that's San Fermin. Hate to admit it but as someone who has lived in Spain and never been to a bullfight, I don't disapprove. I still watch it on the t.v.

But then I'm pro fox hunting and animal testing too.

P.S. They eat the bulls too.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The reason kittens and rabbits eyes are so large and cute is to accomodate more shampoo. Blame the boss if you don't like the design !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom